*”The Book of Eli” star Denzel Washington just barely made an annual list of top 10 box office draws, placing 10th on the strength of his lone film last year, “The Taking of Pelham 123.”
Sandra Bullock tops Quigley Publishing Company’s new list of top money making stars, released last week. In 2009, she starred in “The Proposal,” which earned $315 million at worldwide box offices, and “The Blind Side,” which made $193 million only in the U.S. and Canada since its Nov. 20 release, with its roll-out in other countries still to come. Bullock also had the lead role in “All About Steve,” a $34 million box office outing.
Quigley Publishing said the list does not rank stars only on how much cash their films made, but on what theater owners say about who attracts audiences on their star power alone.
“Public Enemies” star Johnny Depp came in at No. 2 on Quigley’s top 10 list, followed by Matt Damon, George Clooney, Robert Downey Jr., Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep, Brad Pitt and Shia LaBeouf at No. 9.
Washington’s new film “The Book of Eli,” from directors Allen and Albert Hughes, is due in theaters Jan. 15.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here