*”The Book of Eli” star Denzel Washington just barely made an annual list of top 10 box office draws, placing 10th on the strength of his lone film last year, “The Taking of Pelham 123.”
Sandra Bullock tops Quigley Publishing Company’s new list of top money making stars, released last week. In 2009, she starred in “The Proposal,” which earned $315 million at worldwide box offices, and “The Blind Side,” which made $193 million only in the U.S. and Canada since its Nov. 20 release, with its roll-out in other countries still to come. Bullock also had the lead role in “All About Steve,” a $34 million box office outing.
Quigley Publishing said the list does not rank stars only on how much cash their films made, but on what theater owners say about who attracts audiences on their star power alone.
“Public Enemies” star Johnny Depp came in at No. 2 on Quigley’s top 10 list, followed by Matt Damon, George Clooney, Robert Downey Jr., Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep, Brad Pitt and Shia LaBeouf at No. 9.
Washington’s new film “The Book of Eli,” from directors Allen and Albert Hughes, is due in theaters Jan. 15.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here