*”The Book of Eli” star Denzel Washington just barely made an annual list of top 10 box office draws, placing 10th on the strength of his lone film last year, “The Taking of Pelham 123.”
Sandra Bullock tops Quigley Publishing Company’s new list of top money making stars, released last week. In 2009, she starred in “The Proposal,” which earned $315 million at worldwide box offices, and “The Blind Side,” which made $193 million only in the U.S. and Canada since its Nov. 20 release, with its roll-out in other countries still to come. Bullock also had the lead role in “All About Steve,” a $34 million box office outing.
Quigley Publishing said the list does not rank stars only on how much cash their films made, but on what theater owners say about who attracts audiences on their star power alone.
“Public Enemies” star Johnny Depp came in at No. 2 on Quigley’s top 10 list, followed by Matt Damon, George Clooney, Robert Downey Jr., Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep, Brad Pitt and Shia LaBeouf at No. 9.
Washington’s new film “The Book of Eli,” from directors Allen and Albert Hughes, is due in theaters Jan. 15.
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Janet Jackson Drops Missy Elliott Collabo at ‘Unbreakable’ Tour Launch (Clips)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here