*”The Book of Eli” star Denzel Washington just barely made an annual list of top 10 box office draws, placing 10th on the strength of his lone film last year, “The Taking of Pelham 123.”
Sandra Bullock tops Quigley Publishing Company’s new list of top money making stars, released last week. In 2009, she starred in “The Proposal,” which earned $315 million at worldwide box offices, and “The Blind Side,” which made $193 million only in the U.S. and Canada since its Nov. 20 release, with its roll-out in other countries still to come. Bullock also had the lead role in “All About Steve,” a $34 million box office outing.
Quigley Publishing said the list does not rank stars only on how much cash their films made, but on what theater owners say about who attracts audiences on their star power alone.
“Public Enemies” star Johnny Depp came in at No. 2 on Quigley’s top 10 list, followed by Matt Damon, George Clooney, Robert Downey Jr., Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep, Brad Pitt and Shia LaBeouf at No. 9.
Washington’s new film “The Book of Eli,” from directors Allen and Albert Hughes, is due in theaters Jan. 15.
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here