In response to the devastating earthquake in Haiti, MTV Networks are collaborating to present “Hope for Haiti,” a global telethon to air live and commercial-free across ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, BET, CNN, The CW, HBO, MTV, VH1, AND CMT on Friday, January 22, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. PT, with a rebroadcast for West Coast audiences at 8:00 p.m. PT.
“Hope for Haiti” will also be made available to MTV Networks International, CNN International, and National Geographic channels worldwide.
Confirmed participants for “Hope for Haiti” include George Clooney in Los Angeles and Anderson Cooper from Haiti. The two-hour telethon will be broadcast from NYC and Los Angeles, and will feature musical performances and celebrity appearances to be announced prior to the event, as well as live news packages from CNN.
All proceeds will be split evenly among six relief organizations currently operating in Haiti: Doctors Without Borders, Oxfam America, Partners in Health, the Red Cross, UNICEF and Wyclef Jean’s Yele Foundation. (Click on the links to donate.)
Facebook and MySpace have also signed on as official social media partners to help drive donations and tune-in to the telethon.
Below, first lady Michelle Obama asks for donations in a Red Cross PSA
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here