In response to the devastating earthquake in Haiti, MTV Networks are collaborating to present “Hope for Haiti,” a global telethon to air live and commercial-free across ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, BET, CNN, The CW, HBO, MTV, VH1, AND CMT on Friday, January 22, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. PT, with a rebroadcast for West Coast audiences at 8:00 p.m. PT.
“Hope for Haiti” will also be made available to MTV Networks International, CNN International, and National Geographic channels worldwide.
Confirmed participants for “Hope for Haiti” include George Clooney in Los Angeles and Anderson Cooper from Haiti. The two-hour telethon will be broadcast from NYC and Los Angeles, and will feature musical performances and celebrity appearances to be announced prior to the event, as well as live news packages from CNN.
All proceeds will be split evenly among six relief organizations currently operating in Haiti: Doctors Without Borders, Oxfam America, Partners in Health, the Red Cross, UNICEF and Wyclef Jean’s Yele Foundation. (Click on the links to donate.)
Facebook and MySpace have also signed on as official social media partners to help drive donations and tune-in to the telethon.
Below, first lady Michelle Obama asks for donations in a Red Cross PSA
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here