In response to the devastating earthquake in Haiti, MTV Networks are collaborating to present “Hope for Haiti,” a global telethon to air live and commercial-free across ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, BET, CNN, The CW, HBO, MTV, VH1, AND CMT on Friday, January 22, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. PT, with a rebroadcast for West Coast audiences at 8:00 p.m. PT.
“Hope for Haiti” will also be made available to MTV Networks International, CNN International, and National Geographic channels worldwide.
Confirmed participants for “Hope for Haiti” include George Clooney in Los Angeles and Anderson Cooper from Haiti. The two-hour telethon will be broadcast from NYC and Los Angeles, and will feature musical performances and celebrity appearances to be announced prior to the event, as well as live news packages from CNN.
All proceeds will be split evenly among six relief organizations currently operating in Haiti: Doctors Without Borders, Oxfam America, Partners in Health, the Red Cross, UNICEF and Wyclef Jean’s Yele Foundation. (Click on the links to donate.)
Facebook and MySpace have also signed on as official social media partners to help drive donations and tune-in to the telethon.
Below, first lady Michelle Obama asks for donations in a Red Cross PSA
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here