In response to the devastating earthquake in Haiti, MTV Networks are collaborating to present “Hope for Haiti,” a global telethon to air live and commercial-free across ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, BET, CNN, The CW, HBO, MTV, VH1, AND CMT on Friday, January 22, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. PT, with a rebroadcast for West Coast audiences at 8:00 p.m. PT.
“Hope for Haiti” will also be made available to MTV Networks International, CNN International, and National Geographic channels worldwide.
Confirmed participants for “Hope for Haiti” include George Clooney in Los Angeles and Anderson Cooper from Haiti. The two-hour telethon will be broadcast from NYC and Los Angeles, and will feature musical performances and celebrity appearances to be announced prior to the event, as well as live news packages from CNN.
All proceeds will be split evenly among six relief organizations currently operating in Haiti: Doctors Without Borders, Oxfam America, Partners in Health, the Red Cross, UNICEF and Wyclef Jean’s Yele Foundation. (Click on the links to donate.)
Facebook and MySpace have also signed on as official social media partners to help drive donations and tune-in to the telethon.
Below, first lady Michelle Obama asks for donations in a Red Cross PSA
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here