*Leading lawmakers hoping to revive President Barack Obama’s stalled health care overhaul have started writing a compromise bill, but it’s unclear when the legislation will be ready for votes, a top House Democrat said Tuesday.
The measure would change the massive Senate-approved health bill to what bargainers from the White House, Senate and House agreed to last month, Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., said in a brief interview.
Rangel’s remarks, if borne out, could be the first concrete sign that Democrats will try enacting major health legislation in the wake of the Republican upset in a Massachusetts special election that cost them their crucial 60th Senate seat.
Stunned by that setback, the White House and top Democrats have been conceding that they no longer know if they have the votes to pass health legislation, or what such a bill would look like.
Get MORE of this AP article by Alan Fram, HERE.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- President Obama Crashes Wedding at San Diego Golf Course (Watch)
- Taraji P. Henson Slays November Cover of Essence
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- T.I. Apologizes for ‘Insensitive’ Comments About Female President
- Baltimore PD Can’t Find Record of Ben Carson Being Held Up at Popeyes
- Suge Knight, Katt Williams Will Face Trial in Robbery Case
- Flavor Flav Pleads Guilty Over Traffic Stop En Route to Mom’s Funeral
- Preview a Clip of Niecy Nash in Tonight's SCREAM QUEENS: 'Pumpkin Patch' - WATCH!
- First Look: Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion from ‘The Wiz Live!’ (Pics)
- Columbus Short, Vivica A. Fox, Evan Ross Set for ‘True to the Game’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here