*Leading lawmakers hoping to revive President Barack Obama’s stalled health care overhaul have started writing a compromise bill, but it’s unclear when the legislation will be ready for votes, a top House Democrat said Tuesday.
The measure would change the massive Senate-approved health bill to what bargainers from the White House, Senate and House agreed to last month, Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., said in a brief interview.
Rangel’s remarks, if borne out, could be the first concrete sign that Democrats will try enacting major health legislation in the wake of the Republican upset in a Massachusetts special election that cost them their crucial 60th Senate seat.
Stunned by that setback, the White House and top Democrats have been conceding that they no longer know if they have the votes to pass health legislation, or what such a bill would look like.
Get MORE of this AP article by Alan Fram, HERE.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here