*Leading lawmakers hoping to revive President Barack Obama’s stalled health care overhaul have started writing a compromise bill, but it’s unclear when the legislation will be ready for votes, a top House Democrat said Tuesday.
The measure would change the massive Senate-approved health bill to what bargainers from the White House, Senate and House agreed to last month, Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., said in a brief interview.
Rangel’s remarks, if borne out, could be the first concrete sign that Democrats will try enacting major health legislation in the wake of the Republican upset in a Massachusetts special election that cost them their crucial 60th Senate seat.
Stunned by that setback, the White House and top Democrats have been conceding that they no longer know if they have the votes to pass health legislation, or what such a bill would look like.
Get MORE of this AP article by Alan Fram, HERE.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here