The actress, now 56, says she continues to act whenever parts come along, but is also happy to indulge in her other pastime, writing books. Stanis is spending these days promoting her second tome, “Situations 101: Relationships, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.”
“I did 101 different [relationship] situations and my responses to each and every one of them,” she explains, adding that the book is for both male and female readers.
Stanis says she regularly paints in oils, and boasts that she’s much better than her fictional older brother, who admits he can’t paint a lick even though his character JJ was a talented “ar-teeste.”
“I would say once a month, some guy comes up and says, ‘I’m a painter, and I was inspired by your work,'” laughs Walker. “As we all know, Ernie Barnes did all of our paintings and he was fabulous. Unfortunately, Ernie’s passed away, but I can’t even do stick figures.”
Whether it’s painting, writing, dancing or acting, Stanis says her main focus is to just go with the flow. “I just keep doing things that I feel to do,” she says. “Things keep evolving and I go with it.”
For more information on Stanis’ book, visit her Web site: ThelmaofGoodTimes.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Terrence Howard Repays Rapper Petey Pablo with Role on 'Empire'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here