The actress, now 56, says she continues to act whenever parts come along, but is also happy to indulge in her other pastime, writing books. Stanis is spending these days promoting her second tome, “Situations 101: Relationships, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.”
“I did 101 different [relationship] situations and my responses to each and every one of them,” she explains, adding that the book is for both male and female readers.
Stanis says she regularly paints in oils, and boasts that she’s much better than her fictional older brother, who admits he can’t paint a lick even though his character JJ was a talented “ar-teeste.”
“I would say once a month, some guy comes up and says, ‘I’m a painter, and I was inspired by your work,'” laughs Walker. “As we all know, Ernie Barnes did all of our paintings and he was fabulous. Unfortunately, Ernie’s passed away, but I can’t even do stick figures.”
Whether it’s painting, writing, dancing or acting, Stanis says her main focus is to just go with the flow. “I just keep doing things that I feel to do,” she says. “Things keep evolving and I go with it.”
For more information on Stanis’ book, visit her Web site: ThelmaofGoodTimes.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here