*”Extra” has confirmed that Jay Leno’s longtime bandleader and sidekick, Kevin Eubanks, is quitting “The Tonight Show.”
A source tells the TV news magazine that Eubanks “wanted a change” and will not resume his post when Leno retakes hosting duties on following the Winter Olympics.
Eubanks reportedly wants to pursue other opportunities, according to Extra. Another source says he will make an appearance on the “Tonight Show’s” March 1 return.
Eubanks, also the bandleader on “The Jay Leno Show,” joined “The Tonight Show” band in 1992. He replaced Branford Marsalis as bandleader two years later.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here