*Entertainer Melyssa Ford is developing a new stage production about her former profession that borrows its title from Ntozake Shange’s 1975 play “For Colored Girls who have Considered Suicide when the Rainbow is Enuf.”
Ford’s play, “For Vixens Who Have Considered Homicide When the Video Became Too Much,” is a “theatrical experience” based on her life and her decade in the music industry as the most popular model featured in music videos.
Ford says she will sing and dance in the production, which is being co-developed with the writer/director of rapper Jim Jones’ recent play, “Hip Hop Monologues.”
“When I saw Jim Jones play I was really inspired by it,” Ford told TeamYee.TV at the Belvedere Lounge in Miami during Superbowl weekend. “That night I had to meet the director/writer/producer of the play… and we created a theatrical experience based on my life.”
Details about opening night have not been announced. In the meantime, Ford said she will star in a new reality show with actresses Elise Neal and Claudia Jordan.
“51 Minds bought the show, so did VH1,” Ford revealed of the series, titled “Single, Sexy and Starving.”
“I just saw a cut of the first episode and I was blown away… it wasn’t even mastered and it looked amazing,” she said.
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Atlanta Police on the Hunt for T.I.-Looking Suspect
- Ne-Yo & Crystal Renay Get Married with Baby Already on the Way
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Nia Guzman Responds to Criminal Allegations
- The Socialist's Journal: Kim Davis
- (Min. Paul Scott) Why Black Minds Matter: Readin’, Writin’ and Revolution
- CurlKit Launches 'Curlstar Favorits Box' - Offering Consumers Instant Access to Brands Coveted by Superstars
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here