*Entertainer Melyssa Ford is developing a new stage production about her former profession that borrows its title from Ntozake Shange’s 1975 play “For Colored Girls who have Considered Suicide when the Rainbow is Enuf.”
Ford’s play, “For Vixens Who Have Considered Homicide When the Video Became Too Much,” is a “theatrical experience” based on her life and her decade in the music industry as the most popular model featured in music videos.
Ford says she will sing and dance in the production, which is being co-developed with the writer/director of rapper Jim Jones’ recent play, “Hip Hop Monologues.”
“When I saw Jim Jones play I was really inspired by it,” Ford told TeamYee.TV at the Belvedere Lounge in Miami during Superbowl weekend. “That night I had to meet the director/writer/producer of the play… and we created a theatrical experience based on my life.”
Details about opening night have not been announced. In the meantime, Ford said she will star in a new reality show with actresses Elise Neal and Claudia Jordan.
“51 Minds bought the show, so did VH1,” Ford revealed of the series, titled “Single, Sexy and Starving.”
“I just saw a cut of the first episode and I was blown away… it wasn’t even mastered and it looked amazing,” she said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Look! Patti LaBelle and James Wright Chanel Together Eatin', Dancin & Singin' (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Thousands of Protesters Disrupt Black Friday in Chicago
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here