*According to a brief statement released by The Village Church in Highland Village, Texas from where he was dispatched to plant Providence Church five years ago, Pastor Barry Keldie, 31, had long suffered from insomnia and developed an addiction to prescription sleeping pills.
He began taking Tylenol PM in an effort to overcome the addiction and still get the necessary sleep.
“Doctors suspect that as a side effect of the medication, he became disoriented and consumed more than the recommended dosage. Barry’s death was a result of an accidental overdose of Tylenol PM,” the statement reads.
When he was admitted into the Intensive Care Unit with liver and kidney damage, members of Providence Church gathered for a prayer service on Thursday. He died the following morning. Providence Church opened its doors for the community to mourn, pray, and talk about Keldie’s life that day.
For more, go HERE.