*The Iraq War drama “The Hurt Locker” won best picture and five other prizes Sunday at the Academy Awards, its haul including best director for Kathryn Bigelow.
Bigelow is the first woman in the 82-year history of the Oscars to earn Hollywood’s top prize for filmmakers.
“There’s no other way to describe it. It’s the moment of a lifetime,” Bigelow said. “It’s so extraordinary to be in the company of my fellow nominees, such powerful filmmakers, who have inspired me and I have admired, some of them for decades.”
Among those Bigelow and “The Hurt Locker” beat are ex-husband James Cameron and his sci-fi spectacle “Avatar.” Bigelow and Cameron were married from 1989-91.
Cameron was seated right behind Bigelow at the Oscars and joined a standing ovation for her, clapping vigorously and saying, “Yes, yes” after she won.
First-time winners took all four acting prizes: Sandra Bullock as best actress for “The Blind Side”; Jeff Bridges as best actor for “Crazy Heart”; Mo’Nique as supporting actress for “Precious”; and Christoph Waltz as supporting actor for “Inglourious Basterds.”
Here’s the complete list of 2010 Academy Award winners:
– Motion Picture: “The Hurt Locker.”
– Actor: Jeff Bridges, “Crazy Heart.”
– Actress: Sandra Bullock, “The Blind Side.”
– Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, “Inglourious Basterds.”
– Supporting Actress: Mo’Nique, “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire.”
– Director: Kathryn Bigelow, “The Hurt Locker.”
– Foreign Film: “El Secreto de Sus Ojos,” Argentina.
– Adapted Screenplay: Geoffrey Fletcher, “Precious: Based on the Novel `Push’ by Sapphire.”
– Original Screenplay: Mark Boal, “The Hurt Locker.”
– Animated Feature Film: “Up.”
– Art Direction: “Avatar.”
– Cinematography: “Avatar.”
– Sound Mixing: “The Hurt Locker.”
– Sound Editing: “The Hurt Locker.”
– Original Score: “Up,” Michael Giacchino.
– Original Song: “The Weary Kind (Theme From Crazy Heart)” from “Crazy Heart,” Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett.
– Costume: “The Young Victoria.”
– Documentary Feature: “The Cove.”
– Documentary (short subject): “Music by Prudence.”
– Film Editing: “The Hurt Locker.”
– Makeup: “Star Trek.”
– Animated Short Film: “Logorama.”
– Live Action Short Film: “The New Tenants.”
– Visual Effects: “Avatar.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here