*(Purchase, N.Y. – Pepsi “We Inspire” is an interactive online community that encourages women to share their sources of inspiration and taps into their powerful bond through a platform built just for them.
Recognized with an NAACP Award on Friday, February 26, 2010 for advancing positive multicultural images in advertising and media, the “We Inspire” program is gaining momentum as a meaningful movement touching the lives of women from all walks of life.
“We are honored to receive this recognition from the NAACP, acknowledging the importance of Pepsi’s ‘We Inspire‘ platform in creating a meaningful experience for African-American women,” said Frank Cooper, chief consumer engagement officer, PepsiCo Beverages Americas. “We have been touched by the outpouring of experiences — the personal trials and triumphs women are sharing in this community. Most important, ‘We Inspire’ demonstrates the power of every woman to inspire others, whether they have a famous name or not.”
The “We Inspire” community features notable icons that represent the six inspirational categories – beauty, laughter, joy, hope, wisdom and love. Keyshia Cole, Taraji Henson, Queen Latifah, Thandie Newton, Dr. Robin Smith and Raven-Symoné are leading the storytelling by blogging weekly, uploading photos and inspiring women to share and learn from one another.
Pepsi “We Inspire” Icons:
· R&B songstress Keyshia Cole, who personifies accomplishment against all odds, represents HOPE.
· Academy Award-nominated actress Taraji P. Henson represents LOVE. Henson’s very fitting middle name Penda means love in Swahili.
· Academy Award-nominated actress and singer Queen Latifah represents BEAUTY. The “queen” of rap turned leading lady exudes beauty inside and out.
· Celebrated actress Thandie Newton, who uses the big screen to spread joy and unearth inner bliss, represents JOY.
· Dr. Robin Smith represents WISDOM, sharing knowledge with her community and beyond while empowering and inspiring generations of women.
· Actress, comedienne and singer Raven-Symoné represents LAUGHTER. The former “Cosby Show” kid has found the healing power in making people laugh.
For more information on “We Inspire” please visit www.PepsiWeInspire.com.
PepsiCo Beverages Americas
The PepsiCo Beverages Americas (PBA) portfolio features market-leading liquid refreshment beverages, including the Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist and Mug trademarks in the carbonated soft drink category. PBA is a division of PepsiCo, which offers the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 19 different product lines that each generates more than US$1 billion in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Frito-Lay, Quaker, Pepsi-Cola, Tropicana and Gatorade – also make hundreds of other nourishing, tasty foods and drinks that bring joy to our consumers in More than 200 countries. With annualized revenues of nearly US$60 billion, PepsiCo’s people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth, called Performance with Purpose. By dedicating ourselves to offering a broad array of choices for healthy, convenient and fun nourishment, reducing our environmental impact, and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace culture, PepsiCo balances strong financial returns with giving back to our communities worldwide. In recognition of its continued sustainability efforts, PepsiCo was named for the third time to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World) and for the fourth time to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index (DJSI North America) in 2009. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com.