Black died Sunday of a massive heart attack in Detroit, according to multiple reports. He was 41.
The radio jock spun records in several markets throughout his career, including New Orleans (KNOU), Los Angeles (KKBT “The Beat”) and New York (WWPR “Power 105.1”).
He is perhaps best known for his nighttime run on Detroit’s WJLB, where he launched his now infamous “Black List.” When Black left Detroit for LA, he went on to work in several independent movies and on movie soundtracks in addition to his regular radio gigs.
He was most recently a personality on Clear Channel’s “Power 105.1,” hosting Friday and Saturday nights. He also started his own company TreBlackRadioCheck – an online industry news and aircheck service.
In addition to his radio work, Black worked with Don Cody Enterprises doing voiceovers for Moses Media Inc.
Funeral arrangements are pending.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here