Celebrity appearances included David Mann, aka Mr. Brown on Tyler Perry’s “Meet the Browns,” American Idol winner, Jordan Sparks, BeBe and CeCe Winans, tobyMac and many others.
Highlights of the evening included a tribute to Haiti, written by Michael W. Smith. Nearly 30 artists joined him on stage to sing “Come Together Now,” a special song written for the victims and resilient survivors of the devastating earthquake.
A mixed crowd of gospel artists, producers, and songwriters shared the stage all in the name of music and God. Best new artist of the year went to contemporary group, Sidewalk Prophets. BeBe & CeCe Winans shared the title for best Urban Recorded song with Israel Houghton, while Smokie Norful took home a Dove Award for “Justified” for best traditional gospel recorded song. A full listing of the awards is available on www.gospelmusic.org.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here