Celebrity appearances included David Mann, aka Mr. Brown on Tyler Perry’s “Meet the Browns,” American Idol winner, Jordan Sparks, BeBe and CeCe Winans, tobyMac and many others.
Highlights of the evening included a tribute to Haiti, written by Michael W. Smith. Nearly 30 artists joined him on stage to sing “Come Together Now,” a special song written for the victims and resilient survivors of the devastating earthquake.
A mixed crowd of gospel artists, producers, and songwriters shared the stage all in the name of music and God. Best new artist of the year went to contemporary group, Sidewalk Prophets. BeBe & CeCe Winans shared the title for best Urban Recorded song with Israel Houghton, while Smokie Norful took home a Dove Award for “Justified” for best traditional gospel recorded song. A full listing of the awards is available on www.gospelmusic.org.
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Damon Wayans Reveals Tracy Morgan's Undisclosed Walmart Settlement; Morgan's Camp Puzzled
- The New Yorker Cover Depicts President Kanye West
- EUR Quickie: Shocking Photo! ... Can U Guess Who This is?
- Janet Jackson Releases Title Track from ‘Unbreakable’ (Listen)
- Criminal Charges Recommended for Camper Accused of Terrorizing Black Family
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here