*Holly Robinson Peete, whose son RJ was diagnosed with autism at age 3, is reportedly writing a new book about the challenges of living with the disability.
According to WENN, the actress was inspired to pursue the project after hearing about a boy who was bullied at school because his classmates were unaware that he had the condition.
“I want people to know what autism is so they don’t get a whole weird idea. Kids with autism are exceptional human beings,” said Peete, who is using her appearance on NBC’s “Celebrity Apprentice” to raise money and awareness for the fight against the condition.
Peete and RJ’s twin sister Ryan have already written a book for young children called “My Brother Charlie,” [Watch clip below.] while her husband, retired NFL star Rodney Peete, shares sharing his own struggle accepting the diagnosis and overcoming his denial in his own memoir called “Not My Boy.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here