*Holly Robinson Peete, whose son RJ was diagnosed with autism at age 3, is reportedly writing a new book about the challenges of living with the disability.
According to WENN, the actress was inspired to pursue the project after hearing about a boy who was bullied at school because his classmates were unaware that he had the condition.
“I want people to know what autism is so they don’t get a whole weird idea. Kids with autism are exceptional human beings,” said Peete, who is using her appearance on NBC’s “Celebrity Apprentice” to raise money and awareness for the fight against the condition.
Peete and RJ’s twin sister Ryan have already written a book for young children called “My Brother Charlie,” [Watch clip below.] while her husband, retired NFL star Rodney Peete, shares sharing his own struggle accepting the diagnosis and overcoming his denial in his own memoir called “Not My Boy.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (EUR Film Review)
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here