*Holly Robinson Peete, whose son RJ was diagnosed with autism at age 3, is reportedly writing a new book about the challenges of living with the disability.
According to WENN, the actress was inspired to pursue the project after hearing about a boy who was bullied at school because his classmates were unaware that he had the condition.
“I want people to know what autism is so they don’t get a whole weird idea. Kids with autism are exceptional human beings,” said Peete, who is using her appearance on NBC’s “Celebrity Apprentice” to raise money and awareness for the fight against the condition.
Peete and RJ’s twin sister Ryan have already written a book for young children called “My Brother Charlie,” [Watch clip below.] while her husband, retired NFL star Rodney Peete, shares sharing his own struggle accepting the diagnosis and overcoming his denial in his own memoir called “Not My Boy.”
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here