*Holly Robinson Peete, whose son RJ was diagnosed with autism at age 3, is reportedly writing a new book about the challenges of living with the disability.
According to WENN, the actress was inspired to pursue the project after hearing about a boy who was bullied at school because his classmates were unaware that he had the condition.
“I want people to know what autism is so they don’t get a whole weird idea. Kids with autism are exceptional human beings,” said Peete, who is using her appearance on NBC’s “Celebrity Apprentice” to raise money and awareness for the fight against the condition.
Peete and RJ’s twin sister Ryan have already written a book for young children called “My Brother Charlie,” [Watch clip below.] while her husband, retired NFL star Rodney Peete, shares sharing his own struggle accepting the diagnosis and overcoming his denial in his own memoir called “Not My Boy.”
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Craig Robinson, Amandla Stenberg & Megan Good in NBC's 'Mr. Robinson' (Watch!)
- Lenny Kravitz Plays Through Severe Wardrobe Malfunction (NSFW Video)
- Angela Carr Patterson/The Issues of Fatherless Daughters: The Stakes are Too High
- Andre Royo Talks Reunion with ‘Wire’ Co-Stars for Baltimore's ‘Wired Up’
- Toure Fired By MSNBC; Returns to Twitter after Yearlong Hiatus
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Brandon Boykin Fires Latest Racism Claim at Eagles Coach Chip Kelly
- Steven Ivory: How to Survive a Break Up
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here