*Holly Robinson Peete, whose son RJ was diagnosed with autism at age 3, is reportedly writing a new book about the challenges of living with the disability.
According to WENN, the actress was inspired to pursue the project after hearing about a boy who was bullied at school because his classmates were unaware that he had the condition.
“I want people to know what autism is so they don’t get a whole weird idea. Kids with autism are exceptional human beings,” said Peete, who is using her appearance on NBC’s “Celebrity Apprentice” to raise money and awareness for the fight against the condition.
Peete and RJ’s twin sister Ryan have already written a book for young children called “My Brother Charlie,” [Watch clip below.] while her husband, retired NFL star Rodney Peete, shares sharing his own struggle accepting the diagnosis and overcoming his denial in his own memoir called “Not My Boy.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here