*A new author has taken an interesting, not to mention unpopular, take on the aid that is being given to the continent of Africa in the name of the Africans, but with the face of celebrity. Bono of the rock group U2, is one of the biggest celebrities consistently pandering for monies to donate to Africans throughout the continent.
Dambisa Moyo is a former bonds broker for Goldman Sachs in London that has penned the new book “Dead Aid” to enlighten the masses about what she sees as a backward answer to the condition of her native continent. She is not a fan of celebrities pan handling in the name of the poor Africans that she feels may be detached from the people with the exception of photo ops. (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here