*A new author has taken an interesting, not to mention unpopular, take on the aid that is being given to the continent of Africa in the name of the Africans, but with the face of celebrity. Bono of the rock group U2, is one of the biggest celebrities consistently pandering for monies to donate to Africans throughout the continent.
Dambisa Moyo is a former bonds broker for Goldman Sachs in London that has penned the new book “Dead Aid” to enlighten the masses about what she sees as a backward answer to the condition of her native continent. She is not a fan of celebrities pan handling in the name of the poor Africans that she feels may be detached from the people with the exception of photo ops. (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- 2016 Music Festival Rolls into Cincinnati July 22-23
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here