*A new author has taken an interesting, not to mention unpopular, take on the aid that is being given to the continent of Africa in the name of the Africans, but with the face of celebrity. Bono of the rock group U2, is one of the biggest celebrities consistently pandering for monies to donate to Africans throughout the continent.
Dambisa Moyo is a former bonds broker for Goldman Sachs in London that has penned the new book “Dead Aid” to enlighten the masses about what she sees as a backward answer to the condition of her native continent. She is not a fan of celebrities pan handling in the name of the poor Africans that she feels may be detached from the people with the exception of photo ops. (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here