*A new author has taken an interesting, not to mention unpopular, take on the aid that is being given to the continent of Africa in the name of the Africans, but with the face of celebrity. Bono of the rock group U2, is one of the biggest celebrities consistently pandering for monies to donate to Africans throughout the continent.
Dambisa Moyo is a former bonds broker for Goldman Sachs in London that has penned the new book “Dead Aid” to enlighten the masses about what she sees as a backward answer to the condition of her native continent. She is not a fan of celebrities pan handling in the name of the poor Africans that she feels may be detached from the people with the exception of photo ops. (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here