*The Roots have recruited John Legend and My Morning Jacket front man Jim James to appear on their upcoming album “How I Got Over,” reports Billboard.
The Philly rap group has been recording the project between in serving as the house band for “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” and serving as the backing band on new albums for John Legend and soul legend Booker T.
And contrary to reports, the Roots have not recorded with singer Joanna Newsom, but rather sampled her 2004 track “Book of Right-On” for a song on the new album. [Listen to the original song below.]
Jim James appears on a re-make of Monsters of Folk’s “Dear God,” a song he recorded with his side project with Conor Oberst and Mike Mogis from Bright Eyes and M. Ward. [Watch the video below.]
No release date has been announced for “How I Got Over,” but the album is expected to come out in 2010.
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here