*The Roots have recruited John Legend and My Morning Jacket front man Jim James to appear on their upcoming album “How I Got Over,” reports Billboard.
The Philly rap group has been recording the project between in serving as the house band for “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” and serving as the backing band on new albums for John Legend and soul legend Booker T.
And contrary to reports, the Roots have not recorded with singer Joanna Newsom, but rather sampled her 2004 track “Book of Right-On” for a song on the new album. [Listen to the original song below.]
Jim James appears on a re-make of Monsters of Folk’s “Dear God,” a song he recorded with his side project with Conor Oberst and Mike Mogis from Bright Eyes and M. Ward. [Watch the video below.]
No release date has been announced for “How I Got Over,” but the album is expected to come out in 2010.
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here