*The Roots have recruited John Legend and My Morning Jacket front man Jim James to appear on their upcoming album “How I Got Over,” reports Billboard.
The Philly rap group has been recording the project between in serving as the house band for “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” and serving as the backing band on new albums for John Legend and soul legend Booker T.
And contrary to reports, the Roots have not recorded with singer Joanna Newsom, but rather sampled her 2004 track “Book of Right-On” for a song on the new album. [Listen to the original song below.]
Jim James appears on a re-make of Monsters of Folk’s “Dear God,” a song he recorded with his side project with Conor Oberst and Mike Mogis from Bright Eyes and M. Ward. [Watch the video below.]
No release date has been announced for “How I Got Over,” but the album is expected to come out in 2010.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here