*Professor Skip Gates has long attempted to bring light to the truth of slavery. And that truth is that Africans are the reason that slavery exists in the first place.
But, then he brings up reparations as a fuzzy issue. All because “elite Africans” sold other Africans into slavery. Well, the other part of this argument has to do with context.
Let’s get a little more technical about the sales. The beginning of slavery is documented in various historic sources between the 16th and 17th centuries. (more… at eurThisNThat.com)
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here