*Professor Skip Gates has long attempted to bring light to the truth of slavery. And that truth is that Africans are the reason that slavery exists in the first place.
But, then he brings up reparations as a fuzzy issue. All because “elite Africans” sold other Africans into slavery. Well, the other part of this argument has to do with context.
Let’s get a little more technical about the sales. The beginning of slavery is documented in various historic sources between the 16th and 17th centuries. (more… at eurThisNThat.com)
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here