*Down in Georgia, Maryline Blackburn, the woman who defeated Sarah Palin for the title of Miss Alaska 26 years ago is following in sassy Sarah’s footsteps. Sorta.
Blackburn went on to become Alaska’s first African-American representative to the Miss America beauty pageant. Palin, the future GOP vice presidential nominee, was a flute player from Wasilla. She was named Miss Congeniality.
Today, Blackburn, a resident of Smyrna, GA for the last 24 years, is scheduled to announce that she’ll mount a Democratic challenge to Republican incumbent Rich Golick for his House seat, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
Blackburn, a singer and actress, has said nice things about her encounter with Palin 26 years ago. But she voted for Barack Obama in ’08.
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Surprise! Prince Drops New Sexy Song: 'HardRockLover' (LISTEN)
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here