*Down in Georgia, Maryline Blackburn, the woman who defeated Sarah Palin for the title of Miss Alaska 26 years ago is following in sassy Sarah’s footsteps. Sorta.
Blackburn went on to become Alaska’s first African-American representative to the Miss America beauty pageant. Palin, the future GOP vice presidential nominee, was a flute player from Wasilla. She was named Miss Congeniality.
Today, Blackburn, a resident of Smyrna, GA for the last 24 years, is scheduled to announce that she’ll mount a Democratic challenge to Republican incumbent Rich Golick for his House seat, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
Blackburn, a singer and actress, has said nice things about her encounter with Palin 26 years ago. But she voted for Barack Obama in ’08.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here