*Down in Georgia, Maryline Blackburn, the woman who defeated Sarah Palin for the title of Miss Alaska 26 years ago is following in sassy Sarah’s footsteps. Sorta.
Blackburn went on to become Alaska’s first African-American representative to the Miss America beauty pageant. Palin, the future GOP vice presidential nominee, was a flute player from Wasilla. She was named Miss Congeniality.
Today, Blackburn, a resident of Smyrna, GA for the last 24 years, is scheduled to announce that she’ll mount a Democratic challenge to Republican incumbent Rich Golick for his House seat, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
Blackburn, a singer and actress, has said nice things about her encounter with Palin 26 years ago. But she voted for Barack Obama in ’08.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here