*Down in Georgia, Maryline Blackburn, the woman who defeated Sarah Palin for the title of Miss Alaska 26 years ago is following in sassy Sarah’s footsteps. Sorta.
Blackburn went on to become Alaska’s first African-American representative to the Miss America beauty pageant. Palin, the future GOP vice presidential nominee, was a flute player from Wasilla. She was named Miss Congeniality.
Today, Blackburn, a resident of Smyrna, GA for the last 24 years, is scheduled to announce that she’ll mount a Democratic challenge to Republican incumbent Rich Golick for his House seat, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
Blackburn, a singer and actress, has said nice things about her encounter with Palin 26 years ago. But she voted for Barack Obama in ’08.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stacey Dash Responds to Anthony Anderson Slamming Her at Image Awards
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Deion Sanders Pushes Josh Norman’s Buttons Re: Odell Beckham Jr. Incident
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here