*Down in Georgia, Maryline Blackburn, the woman who defeated Sarah Palin for the title of Miss Alaska 26 years ago is following in sassy Sarah’s footsteps. Sorta.
Blackburn went on to become Alaska’s first African-American representative to the Miss America beauty pageant. Palin, the future GOP vice presidential nominee, was a flute player from Wasilla. She was named Miss Congeniality.
Today, Blackburn, a resident of Smyrna, GA for the last 24 years, is scheduled to announce that she’ll mount a Democratic challenge to Republican incumbent Rich Golick for his House seat, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
Blackburn, a singer and actress, has said nice things about her encounter with Palin 26 years ago. But she voted for Barack Obama in ’08.
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here