*In the middle of his performance at the annual Funk Fest in Jacksonville, Fla., Bobby Brown stopped the music, got down on one knee and popped the question to his girlfriend/manager/baby mama Alicia Etheridge.
Fans at the annual concert at Metro Park watched and applauded as Etheridge, holding their 11-month-old son Cassius, joined Brown on stage to be presented with her engagement ring.
According to reports, the crowd roared its approval as a beaming Etheridge kissed Brown, who remained kneeling.
“We shouted, we screamed,” fan Carol Pearsall told the Florida Times-Union. “We supported him.”
Added her husband, Paul, “Hopefully he’ll get it right this time.”
The annual concert, which arrives in Jacksonville every May, also included SWV, Babyface, Slick Rick and Maze featuring Frankie Beverly. [Watch clip below.]
Brown, who had a rocky 15-year marriage to Whitney Houston, has been dating Etheridge for three years.
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here