*Former Destiny’s Child member Kelly Rowland has signed a solo deal with Universal Motown Records, it was announced today by company president Sylvia Rhone.
“I think Kelly is an immensely talented, gracious, and beautiful woman, and I am thrilled about the opportunity to work with her on what’s turning out to be an amazing album,” said Rhone. “For an artist whose career began as a member of a landmark group like Destiny’s Child, Kelly has truly come into her own and I am deeply inspired by her incredible energy.”
Rowland stated: “I could not be happier working with Sylvia Rhone and the entire Universal Motown staff. They have really embraced me and have set me up to succeed. I decided, after careful thought, to sign with Universal Motown not only because of their track record of success, but also because they truly put their artists first.”
The news comes after Rowland was dropped as co-host and judge of Bravo’s “Fashion Show” for its upcoming second season.
Despite the TV setback, Rowland just moved to Creative Artists Agency and has a new management team in place.
She is currently in the studio working on her Universal Motown debut album, featuring the new international single “Commander,” with David Guetta, in addition to collaborations with Dr. Luke, Stargate, Salaam Remi, Ne-Yo, Rico Love, and Esther Dean.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here