*Former Destiny’s Child member Kelly Rowland has signed a solo deal with Universal Motown Records, it was announced today by company president Sylvia Rhone.
“I think Kelly is an immensely talented, gracious, and beautiful woman, and I am thrilled about the opportunity to work with her on what’s turning out to be an amazing album,” said Rhone. “For an artist whose career began as a member of a landmark group like Destiny’s Child, Kelly has truly come into her own and I am deeply inspired by her incredible energy.”
Rowland stated: “I could not be happier working with Sylvia Rhone and the entire Universal Motown staff. They have really embraced me and have set me up to succeed. I decided, after careful thought, to sign with Universal Motown not only because of their track record of success, but also because they truly put their artists first.”
The news comes after Rowland was dropped as co-host and judge of Bravo’s “Fashion Show” for its upcoming second season.
Despite the TV setback, Rowland just moved to Creative Artists Agency and has a new management team in place.
She is currently in the studio working on her Universal Motown debut album, featuring the new international single “Commander,” with David Guetta, in addition to collaborations with Dr. Luke, Stargate, Salaam Remi, Ne-Yo, Rico Love, and Esther Dean.
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here