*Former Destiny’s Child member Kelly Rowland has signed a solo deal with Universal Motown Records, it was announced today by company president Sylvia Rhone.
“I think Kelly is an immensely talented, gracious, and beautiful woman, and I am thrilled about the opportunity to work with her on what’s turning out to be an amazing album,” said Rhone. “For an artist whose career began as a member of a landmark group like Destiny’s Child, Kelly has truly come into her own and I am deeply inspired by her incredible energy.”
Rowland stated: “I could not be happier working with Sylvia Rhone and the entire Universal Motown staff. They have really embraced me and have set me up to succeed. I decided, after careful thought, to sign with Universal Motown not only because of their track record of success, but also because they truly put their artists first.”
The news comes after Rowland was dropped as co-host and judge of Bravo’s “Fashion Show” for its upcoming second season.
Despite the TV setback, Rowland just moved to Creative Artists Agency and has a new management team in place.
She is currently in the studio working on her Universal Motown debut album, featuring the new international single “Commander,” with David Guetta, in addition to collaborations with Dr. Luke, Stargate, Salaam Remi, Ne-Yo, Rico Love, and Esther Dean.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here