*Lenny Kravitz, Mos Def and Ani DiFranco have signed on for a benefit concert to support relief efforts for those affected by the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Kravitz, who lives part-time in New Orleans, was the first to join the lineup when asked by Rehage Entertainment president Steven Rehage to participate in Gulf Aid. Others participating are: Allen Toussaint, Zachary Richard, Jeremy Davenport and The Voice of the Wetlands Allstars, which features Dr. John and Cyril Neville.
The benefit concert is scheduled for Sunday at Mardi Gras World River City, which overlooks the Mississippi River in New Orleans. Tickets cost $50.
Proceeds from the event will benefit fishermen and their families, whose livelihoods depend on the Gulf, and other organizations.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here