*Lenny Kravitz, Mos Def and Ani DiFranco have signed on for a benefit concert to support relief efforts for those affected by the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Kravitz, who lives part-time in New Orleans, was the first to join the lineup when asked by Rehage Entertainment president Steven Rehage to participate in Gulf Aid. Others participating are: Allen Toussaint, Zachary Richard, Jeremy Davenport and The Voice of the Wetlands Allstars, which features Dr. John and Cyril Neville.
The benefit concert is scheduled for Sunday at Mardi Gras World River City, which overlooks the Mississippi River in New Orleans. Tickets cost $50.
Proceeds from the event will benefit fishermen and their families, whose livelihoods depend on the Gulf, and other organizations.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here