*Lenny Kravitz, Mos Def and Ani DiFranco have signed on for a benefit concert to support relief efforts for those affected by the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Kravitz, who lives part-time in New Orleans, was the first to join the lineup when asked by Rehage Entertainment president Steven Rehage to participate in Gulf Aid. Others participating are: Allen Toussaint, Zachary Richard, Jeremy Davenport and The Voice of the Wetlands Allstars, which features Dr. John and Cyril Neville.
The benefit concert is scheduled for Sunday at Mardi Gras World River City, which overlooks the Mississippi River in New Orleans. Tickets cost $50.
Proceeds from the event will benefit fishermen and their families, whose livelihoods depend on the Gulf, and other organizations.
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here