*Lenny Kravitz, Mos Def and Ani DiFranco have signed on for a benefit concert to support relief efforts for those affected by the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Kravitz, who lives part-time in New Orleans, was the first to join the lineup when asked by Rehage Entertainment president Steven Rehage to participate in Gulf Aid. Others participating are: Allen Toussaint, Zachary Richard, Jeremy Davenport and The Voice of the Wetlands Allstars, which features Dr. John and Cyril Neville.
The benefit concert is scheduled for Sunday at Mardi Gras World River City, which overlooks the Mississippi River in New Orleans. Tickets cost $50.
Proceeds from the event will benefit fishermen and their families, whose livelihoods depend on the Gulf, and other organizations.
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here