*Plans are moving ahead for an immediate $30 million upgrade for Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza and the addition of new movie theaters and several restaurants to the existing mall.
The plans call for a vibrant, brand-new interior design program, featuring a dining terrace and live entertainment performance area, as well as extensive exterior building, site and landscape improvements throughout the 43-acre property.
The renovation will be completed before the 2011 holiday season.
As part of the immediate investment, the current Magic Johnson movie theaters will be transformed into a modern multiplex featuring state-of-the-art amenities, digital technology and 3-D screens. Restaurateur Brad Johnson, who opened the Roxbury, Georgia and The Sunset Room in Los Angeles, is opening a signature restaurant adjacent to the Debbie Allen Dance Academy. Other new restaurant and tenant announcements are expected in coming weeks.
The initial renovation also includes much-needed new amenities for the community, including a children’s play area, seating areas, a new community room and concierge services with a broader range of services. Other improvements include new family restrooms, a new specialty kiosk and cart program and signage.
This investment, by owner Capri Urban Investors, is the first step in a long-term transformation of the property that has anchored the Crenshaw Corridor since the 1940s. The long-term plan is in the environmental review stages, with an anticipated approval by the City of Los Angeles by early 2011.
For more information: www.capricapital.com.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here