*Plans are moving ahead for an immediate $30 million upgrade for Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza and the addition of new movie theaters and several restaurants to the existing mall.
The plans call for a vibrant, brand-new interior design program, featuring a dining terrace and live entertainment performance area, as well as extensive exterior building, site and landscape improvements throughout the 43-acre property.
The renovation will be completed before the 2011 holiday season.
As part of the immediate investment, the current Magic Johnson movie theaters will be transformed into a modern multiplex featuring state-of-the-art amenities, digital technology and 3-D screens. Restaurateur Brad Johnson, who opened the Roxbury, Georgia and The Sunset Room in Los Angeles, is opening a signature restaurant adjacent to the Debbie Allen Dance Academy. Other new restaurant and tenant announcements are expected in coming weeks.
The initial renovation also includes much-needed new amenities for the community, including a children’s play area, seating areas, a new community room and concierge services with a broader range of services. Other improvements include new family restrooms, a new specialty kiosk and cart program and signage.
This investment, by owner Capri Urban Investors, is the first step in a long-term transformation of the property that has anchored the Crenshaw Corridor since the 1940s. The long-term plan is in the environmental review stages, with an anticipated approval by the City of Los Angeles by early 2011.
For more information: www.capricapital.com.
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Nick Gordon Has ‘Suffered Greatly’ Over Bobbi Kristina, Says His Mom
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here