*Plans are moving ahead for an immediate $30 million upgrade for Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza and the addition of new movie theaters and several restaurants to the existing mall.
The plans call for a vibrant, brand-new interior design program, featuring a dining terrace and live entertainment performance area, as well as extensive exterior building, site and landscape improvements throughout the 43-acre property.
The renovation will be completed before the 2011 holiday season.
As part of the immediate investment, the current Magic Johnson movie theaters will be transformed into a modern multiplex featuring state-of-the-art amenities, digital technology and 3-D screens. Restaurateur Brad Johnson, who opened the Roxbury, Georgia and The Sunset Room in Los Angeles, is opening a signature restaurant adjacent to the Debbie Allen Dance Academy. Other new restaurant and tenant announcements are expected in coming weeks.
The initial renovation also includes much-needed new amenities for the community, including a children’s play area, seating areas, a new community room and concierge services with a broader range of services. Other improvements include new family restrooms, a new specialty kiosk and cart program and signage.
This investment, by owner Capri Urban Investors, is the first step in a long-term transformation of the property that has anchored the Crenshaw Corridor since the 1940s. The long-term plan is in the environmental review stages, with an anticipated approval by the City of Los Angeles by early 2011.
For more information: www.capricapital.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lionel Richie Trying to Get Oscar Attention for 'Tuskegee Airmen' Doc (Trailer)
- 50 Cent Files $75M Lawsuit Against Law Firm for Poor Representation
- Valentino’s African-Inspired Runway Show Has No African Models; Twitter Gives Side-Eye
- Man Fired After Online Racist Jokes Erupt from Selfie (with 'Slave')
- Judge Won’t Dismiss Molestation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby; Yale Won't Rescind his Honorary Degree
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus on her Cultural Appropriation Insensitivity: 'You Have Some Big Balls'
- Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Sends Group Text to All of His Mistresses: Report
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here