*Plans are moving ahead for an immediate $30 million upgrade for Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza and the addition of new movie theaters and several restaurants to the existing mall.
The plans call for a vibrant, brand-new interior design program, featuring a dining terrace and live entertainment performance area, as well as extensive exterior building, site and landscape improvements throughout the 43-acre property.
The renovation will be completed before the 2011 holiday season.
As part of the immediate investment, the current Magic Johnson movie theaters will be transformed into a modern multiplex featuring state-of-the-art amenities, digital technology and 3-D screens. Restaurateur Brad Johnson, who opened the Roxbury, Georgia and The Sunset Room in Los Angeles, is opening a signature restaurant adjacent to the Debbie Allen Dance Academy. Other new restaurant and tenant announcements are expected in coming weeks.
The initial renovation also includes much-needed new amenities for the community, including a children’s play area, seating areas, a new community room and concierge services with a broader range of services. Other improvements include new family restrooms, a new specialty kiosk and cart program and signage.
This investment, by owner Capri Urban Investors, is the first step in a long-term transformation of the property that has anchored the Crenshaw Corridor since the 1940s. The long-term plan is in the environmental review stages, with an anticipated approval by the City of Los Angeles by early 2011.
For more information: www.capricapital.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here