*Former NBA great and current ESPN/ABC personality, Mark Jackson, has launched a new basketball apparel line named Hand Down Man Down, with the acronym HDMD serving as the brand logo.
The apparel line derives its name from Jackson’s signature catch phrase “Hand Down, Man Down,” which describes a player capitalizing on an opponent’s defensive mistake.
“It’s a very distinct line that captures the spirit of the game and the spirit of athletic competition in general,” Jackson stated. “The HDMD line will have a look for everyone.”
The line includes long and short sleeve shirts (sizes Small to XXXL), wristbands, headbands and shorts, all of which will initially be sold online exclusively at http://store.teranomic.com/hdmd/.
HDMD is supporting the nation’s largest autism science and advocacy organization, Autism Speaks, and will donate $1 of every t-shirt sale to help the organization fund global biomedical research into the disorder.
Jackson added, “As a brand, we want to be socially responsible and believe in giving something back when provided the opportunity. It’s this belief that led us to the partnership with Autism Speaks, a truly amazing organization that does so much to address issues surrounding autism throughout the world. We feel good knowing that the brand’s success will directly benefit the ongoing studies to research and hopefully cure autism.”
TV and online spots will air throughout the months of May and June, while the NBA playoffs are in full swing.
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here