*Former NBA great and current ESPN/ABC personality, Mark Jackson, has launched a new basketball apparel line named Hand Down Man Down, with the acronym HDMD serving as the brand logo.
The apparel line derives its name from Jackson’s signature catch phrase “Hand Down, Man Down,” which describes a player capitalizing on an opponent’s defensive mistake.
“It’s a very distinct line that captures the spirit of the game and the spirit of athletic competition in general,” Jackson stated. “The HDMD line will have a look for everyone.”
The line includes long and short sleeve shirts (sizes Small to XXXL), wristbands, headbands and shorts, all of which will initially be sold online exclusively at http://store.teranomic.com/hdmd/.
HDMD is supporting the nation’s largest autism science and advocacy organization, Autism Speaks, and will donate $1 of every t-shirt sale to help the organization fund global biomedical research into the disorder.
Jackson added, “As a brand, we want to be socially responsible and believe in giving something back when provided the opportunity. It’s this belief that led us to the partnership with Autism Speaks, a truly amazing organization that does so much to address issues surrounding autism throughout the world. We feel good knowing that the brand’s success will directly benefit the ongoing studies to research and hopefully cure autism.”
TV and online spots will air throughout the months of May and June, while the NBA playoffs are in full swing.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here