*New Jersey’s new Republican Governor Chris Christie last week moved to make his state’s Supreme Court more conservative by ousting the only African American judge on the court.
The outgoing Judge John Wallace was a Democrat and Christie replaced him with Anne Patterson – a white Republican.
Meanwhile, a coalition of African-American leaders blasted Gov. Chris Christie’s decision not to re-nominate state Supreme Court Justice John Wallace late last week at the Statehouse.
Christie has long criticized the Supreme Court as too liberal. Wallace was nearing the end of a seven-year term and Christie simply refused to reappoint him even though reappointment had been the practice even when a governor had political differences with a judge.
In fact, this is the first time since 1947 that a New Jersey governor has not reappointed a judge who had completed an initial seven-year term. (Taylor Media Services – www.blacknewsjournal.net)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Ava DuVernay References 'Black Panther' in Support of Bree Newsome
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here