*New Jersey’s new Republican Governor Chris Christie last week moved to make his state’s Supreme Court more conservative by ousting the only African American judge on the court.
The outgoing Judge John Wallace was a Democrat and Christie replaced him with Anne Patterson – a white Republican.
Meanwhile, a coalition of African-American leaders blasted Gov. Chris Christie’s decision not to re-nominate state Supreme Court Justice John Wallace late last week at the Statehouse.
Christie has long criticized the Supreme Court as too liberal. Wallace was nearing the end of a seven-year term and Christie simply refused to reappoint him even though reappointment had been the practice even when a governor had political differences with a judge.
In fact, this is the first time since 1947 that a New Jersey governor has not reappointed a judge who had completed an initial seven-year term. (Taylor Media Services – www.blacknewsjournal.net)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here