*New Jersey’s new Republican Governor Chris Christie last week moved to make his state’s Supreme Court more conservative by ousting the only African American judge on the court.
The outgoing Judge John Wallace was a Democrat and Christie replaced him with Anne Patterson – a white Republican.
Meanwhile, a coalition of African-American leaders blasted Gov. Chris Christie’s decision not to re-nominate state Supreme Court Justice John Wallace late last week at the Statehouse.
Christie has long criticized the Supreme Court as too liberal. Wallace was nearing the end of a seven-year term and Christie simply refused to reappoint him even though reappointment had been the practice even when a governor had political differences with a judge.
In fact, this is the first time since 1947 that a New Jersey governor has not reappointed a judge who had completed an initial seven-year term. (Taylor Media Services – www.blacknewsjournal.net)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- John Wayne's Racist Comments Kill Official Recognition in California Assembly
- Dr. Phil Talks Prince, Nick Gordon & Prescription Drug Epidemic (WATCH)
- THE (04-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here