*For Venus Williams it was another tennis match and for those watching it was another what the hey-all is she wearing moment.
Yep, Sunday at Roland Garros stadium in Paris, the seven-time Grand Slam champion wowed by wearing a somewhat racy and lacy black overlay that gave the illusion of being see-through with bright red trim on the bodice during her first-round match against Patty Schnyder.
As you can also see, if you don’t look carefully, it gives the impression that she’s not wearing any underwear because it’s blends so well with her skin tone. It definitely puts you in the mind of what she wore during the Australian Open back in January.
Despite the head turning outfit, Venus won with ease, beating Schynyder 6-3, 6-3.
She wore a similar can-can style outfit earlier this year in Miami.
Williams explained that her look was “about illusion,” which, she noted, is “a lot of my motif this year” when it comes to clothes design. She also said she might not wear that particular dress again on court. Then again, perhaps she will. She’s not sure. Either way, Williams comes to a tournament with eight to 10 outfits, just in case the victories keep coming.
See MORE photos of Venus and her eye-catching fashion statement HERE.
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here