*For Venus Williams it was another tennis match and for those watching it was another what the hey-all is she wearing moment.
Yep, Sunday at Roland Garros stadium in Paris, the seven-time Grand Slam champion wowed by wearing a somewhat racy and lacy black overlay that gave the illusion of being see-through with bright red trim on the bodice during her first-round match against Patty Schnyder.
As you can also see, if you don’t look carefully, it gives the impression that she’s not wearing any underwear because it’s blends so well with her skin tone. It definitely puts you in the mind of what she wore during the Australian Open back in January.
Despite the head turning outfit, Venus won with ease, beating Schynyder 6-3, 6-3.
She wore a similar can-can style outfit earlier this year in Miami.
Williams explained that her look was “about illusion,” which, she noted, is “a lot of my motif this year” when it comes to clothes design. She also said she might not wear that particular dress again on court. Then again, perhaps she will. She’s not sure. Either way, Williams comes to a tournament with eight to 10 outfits, just in case the victories keep coming.
See MORE photos of Venus and her eye-catching fashion statement HERE.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here