*VH1 is looking to cash in on the current boom of reality shows surrounding famous African Americans looking for love.
The network has cast LisaRaye McCoy, Stacey Dash and Lauren London in its first ever scripted series, “Single Ladies.” The show – a mix between the CW’s “Girlfriends” and HBO’s “Sex in the City” – revolves around the romantic relationships of three friends.
Queen Latifah is writing the script, according to Vibe magazine, who spoke with LisaRaye and Dash about the series.
“When Girlfriends got off the TV we didn’t have anything else to relate to,” McCoy tells the magazine.”This would be something else as a series so we can do more and be a little bit more risqué.”
Newly-single Dash—who was reportedly trying to get her own reality show with VH1—plays a celebrity stylist who is experiencing autonomy for the first time.
“My character is very similar to my own life because I’ve never been single. Literally, since I’ve been 17 years old. She’s never been married, the character than I’m playing, whereas I’ve been married three times, so that’s the difference,” Dash says. “It’s a really good script.”
McCoy, with her own reality series, “TV One’s “The Real McCoy,” plays a video vixen.
“She doesn’t have one of anything nor does she believe in having one man. She believes in dating and being able to explore her possibilities. She’s much like Samantha of Sex in the City,” says McCoy, also newly-single. “Very straight up and honest. She’s the one that has that spunk, I’d like to say that she’s the slut of the three.”
“Single Ladies” begins four-day rehearsals and filming in Atlanta this week. VH1 has yet to announce an air date.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here