*Late rappers Tupac Shakur and The Notorious B.I.G., one-time friends who became enemies before their respective deaths, now stand next to each other in wax form at Washington DC’s Madame Tussauds.
The wax figures, on display in the venue’s Glamour Room throughout the summer, were unveiled Wednesday (June 16), which would have marked Tupac’s 39th birthday.
“Tupac and Biggie are widely recognized as two of the greatest Hip-Hop artists and rappers of all time,” a rep for Madame Tussauds said in a statement. “Their influence on and absence from the Hip-Hop community can still be felt today – more than a decade after their tragic deaths.”
The Tupac statue is from the Madame Tussauds wax museum in Las Vegas, while Biggie’s figure is on loan from the museum in New York.
Both were created with the blessing and participation of Tupac’s mother, Afeni Shakur and B.I.G.’s mother, Voletta Wallace.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here