*Actor Don Cheadle has been appointed the new spokesman for the United Nations environment program.
UNEP Executive Director Achim Steiner delivered the news during a ceremony in Rwanda’s capital, saying Cheadle – whose 20o4 film “Hotel Rwanda” dramatized the 1994 Rwandan genocide that killed more than 500,000 people – would help raise green awareness among millions around the globe.
As a U.N. Environment Program Goodwill Ambassador, Cheadle vowed to fight climate change and promote environment conservation.
The film star also named a baby gorilla Zoya, a name chosen by internet users as part of a UNEP awareness program.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here