*Actor Don Cheadle has been appointed the new spokesman for the United Nations environment program.
UNEP Executive Director Achim Steiner delivered the news during a ceremony in Rwanda’s capital, saying Cheadle – whose 20o4 film “Hotel Rwanda” dramatized the 1994 Rwandan genocide that killed more than 500,000 people – would help raise green awareness among millions around the globe.
As a U.N. Environment Program Goodwill Ambassador, Cheadle vowed to fight climate change and promote environment conservation.
The film star also named a baby gorilla Zoya, a name chosen by internet users as part of a UNEP awareness program.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here