*Actor Don Cheadle has been appointed the new spokesman for the United Nations environment program.
UNEP Executive Director Achim Steiner delivered the news during a ceremony in Rwanda’s capital, saying Cheadle – whose 20o4 film “Hotel Rwanda” dramatized the 1994 Rwandan genocide that killed more than 500,000 people – would help raise green awareness among millions around the globe.
As a U.N. Environment Program Goodwill Ambassador, Cheadle vowed to fight climate change and promote environment conservation.
The film star also named a baby gorilla Zoya, a name chosen by internet users as part of a UNEP awareness program.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here