*Actor Don Cheadle has been appointed the new spokesman for the United Nations environment program.
UNEP Executive Director Achim Steiner delivered the news during a ceremony in Rwanda’s capital, saying Cheadle – whose 20o4 film “Hotel Rwanda” dramatized the 1994 Rwandan genocide that killed more than 500,000 people – would help raise green awareness among millions around the globe.
As a U.N. Environment Program Goodwill Ambassador, Cheadle vowed to fight climate change and promote environment conservation.
The film star also named a baby gorilla Zoya, a name chosen by internet users as part of a UNEP awareness program.
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here