*God doesn’t give interviews, but a lot of people say he speaks to us – and he’s pretty ticked.
After the 65-foot-tall sculpture of Jesus in Monroe, north of Cincinnati, was struck by lightning and burned to a crisp this week, online chatter settled on a handful of theories:
• God is angry at the Solid Rock Church for such an ostentatious display.
• God is angry at society for our sins.
• God has a sense of humor.
• Christianity is wrong, and this is proof.
• It was a fluke of nature, nothing more.
Events of destruction and tragedy are interpreted by some as divine messages.
Some fundamentalist Christians have cited Sept. 11, Hurricane Katrina and even the recent Gulf of Mexico oil spill as proof that God is wrathful.
Read the full story here.
Watch the Jesus statue on fire here.