*Isaiah Mustafa, the NFL player-turned-actor who became famous overnight as “the man your man could smell like,” has just parlayed his Old Spice commercial into a new talent deal with NBC.
“We felt he was a piece of talent worth developing. He’s an attractive guy who’s just as funny and charming,” NBC Universal casting executive VP Grace Wu tells Variety.
The deal calls for Mustafa to audition for several current NBC shows, as well as new ones. According to Variety, he’ll try out for sitcoms first, although he may appear on other NBC shows like “Chuck” or the upcoming “Love Bites.”
“I grew up in that ‘Cosby Show’, ‘Family Ties’ era, and kept that going even through college with ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’,” he says. “To me, they controlled comedy and dictated my life on Thursday nights. And I think that’s my strength — doing comedy.”
Mustafa’s TV resume already includes “Ugly Betty,” “Days of Our Lives” and “Castle.”
His Old Spice ad has been viewed more than 10.5 million times since it first launched on YouTube.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here