*Isaiah Mustafa, the NFL player-turned-actor who became famous overnight as “the man your man could smell like,” has just parlayed his Old Spice commercial into a new talent deal with NBC.
“We felt he was a piece of talent worth developing. He’s an attractive guy who’s just as funny and charming,” NBC Universal casting executive VP Grace Wu tells Variety.
The deal calls for Mustafa to audition for several current NBC shows, as well as new ones. According to Variety, he’ll try out for sitcoms first, although he may appear on other NBC shows like “Chuck” or the upcoming “Love Bites.”
“I grew up in that ‘Cosby Show’, ‘Family Ties’ era, and kept that going even through college with ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’,” he says. “To me, they controlled comedy and dictated my life on Thursday nights. And I think that’s my strength — doing comedy.”
Mustafa’s TV resume already includes “Ugly Betty,” “Days of Our Lives” and “Castle.”
His Old Spice ad has been viewed more than 10.5 million times since it first launched on YouTube.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- St. Louis Rams Receiver Stedman Baily Shot Twice in the Head
- Yuck Factor :( Guess Where This Woman Got the Yeast to Make Sourdough Bread?
- Will Smith on 20 Year Marriage to Jada: 'Grueling, Excruciating' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here