*Isaiah Mustafa, the NFL player-turned-actor who became famous overnight as “the man your man could smell like,” has just parlayed his Old Spice commercial into a new talent deal with NBC.
“We felt he was a piece of talent worth developing. He’s an attractive guy who’s just as funny and charming,” NBC Universal casting executive VP Grace Wu tells Variety.
The deal calls for Mustafa to audition for several current NBC shows, as well as new ones. According to Variety, he’ll try out for sitcoms first, although he may appear on other NBC shows like “Chuck” or the upcoming “Love Bites.”
“I grew up in that ‘Cosby Show’, ‘Family Ties’ era, and kept that going even through college with ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’,” he says. “To me, they controlled comedy and dictated my life on Thursday nights. And I think that’s my strength — doing comedy.”
Mustafa’s TV resume already includes “Ugly Betty,” “Days of Our Lives” and “Castle.”
His Old Spice ad has been viewed more than 10.5 million times since it first launched on YouTube.
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here