*Isaiah Mustafa, the NFL player-turned-actor who became famous overnight as “the man your man could smell like,” has just parlayed his Old Spice commercial into a new talent deal with NBC.
“We felt he was a piece of talent worth developing. He’s an attractive guy who’s just as funny and charming,” NBC Universal casting executive VP Grace Wu tells Variety.
The deal calls for Mustafa to audition for several current NBC shows, as well as new ones. According to Variety, he’ll try out for sitcoms first, although he may appear on other NBC shows like “Chuck” or the upcoming “Love Bites.”
“I grew up in that ‘Cosby Show’, ‘Family Ties’ era, and kept that going even through college with ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’,” he says. “To me, they controlled comedy and dictated my life on Thursday nights. And I think that’s my strength — doing comedy.”
Mustafa’s TV resume already includes “Ugly Betty,” “Days of Our Lives” and “Castle.”
His Old Spice ad has been viewed more than 10.5 million times since it first launched on YouTube.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here