*Yahoo Sports’ Marc Spears is reporting that Byron Scott isn’t waiting on Phil Jackson to decide whether he’ll return to coach the Los Angeles Lakers. Nor is Scott waiting on LeBron James(notes) to decide whether he’ll return to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers:
In a phone conversation with Yahoo! Sports, Scott made clear he’s interested in coaching the Cavaliers, regardless of whether James returns – and regardless of whether the Lakers’ coaching job eventually becomes open. The only thing Scott is waiting on, he said, is an offer from the Cavs.
Scott has twice interviewed with the Cavaliers and has had several phone conversations with team officials, including what he described as a “great” talk with general manager Chris Grant on Sunday. Scott made clear to the Cavs that neither Jackson’s nor James’ decisions have any impact on his interest in coaching Cleveland.
The Cavs were expected to interview Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw on Monday. Scott said he has not been offered the job, and it’s his understanding the Cavs hope to make a decision by Thursday’s start of free agency.
Read more HERE.
- Pres. Obama on 2016 Election: 'I Think If I Ran, I Would Win'
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gangs Threaten to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here