*Yahoo Sports’ Marc Spears is reporting that Byron Scott isn’t waiting on Phil Jackson to decide whether he’ll return to coach the Los Angeles Lakers. Nor is Scott waiting on LeBron James(notes) to decide whether he’ll return to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers:
In a phone conversation with Yahoo! Sports, Scott made clear he’s interested in coaching the Cavaliers, regardless of whether James returns – and regardless of whether the Lakers’ coaching job eventually becomes open. The only thing Scott is waiting on, he said, is an offer from the Cavs.
Scott has twice interviewed with the Cavaliers and has had several phone conversations with team officials, including what he described as a “great” talk with general manager Chris Grant on Sunday. Scott made clear to the Cavs that neither Jackson’s nor James’ decisions have any impact on his interest in coaching Cleveland.
The Cavs were expected to interview Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw on Monday. Scott said he has not been offered the job, and it’s his understanding the Cavs hope to make a decision by Thursday’s start of free agency.
Read more HERE.
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here