*Yahoo Sports’ Marc Spears is reporting that Byron Scott isn’t waiting on Phil Jackson to decide whether he’ll return to coach the Los Angeles Lakers. Nor is Scott waiting on LeBron James(notes) to decide whether he’ll return to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers:
In a phone conversation with Yahoo! Sports, Scott made clear he’s interested in coaching the Cavaliers, regardless of whether James returns – and regardless of whether the Lakers’ coaching job eventually becomes open. The only thing Scott is waiting on, he said, is an offer from the Cavs.
Scott has twice interviewed with the Cavaliers and has had several phone conversations with team officials, including what he described as a “great” talk with general manager Chris Grant on Sunday. Scott made clear to the Cavs that neither Jackson’s nor James’ decisions have any impact on his interest in coaching Cleveland.
The Cavs were expected to interview Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw on Monday. Scott said he has not been offered the job, and it’s his understanding the Cavs hope to make a decision by Thursday’s start of free agency.
Read more HERE.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here