*Gregg Leakes, the husband of “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star NeNe Leakes, is speaking out about the leaked audio where he is heard venting to his friend/radio host Corey King about his marriage problems and impending divorce. [Scroll down to listen.]
King secretly aired the conversation on his LargeFM.com radio show out of revenge because Gregg owes him money. As the story goes, Gregg borrowed the funds from King to get his home out of foreclosure. But when it was time to repay the loan, Gregg was nowhere to be found.
In the audio, Gregg says, “I put $300,000 of my own money for [NeNe] to become a housewife. Without that, she wouldn’t be sh*t . . . She’s going to give me every dime of my $300,000 back.” Greg also mentioned that he will seek spousal support from NeNe. Watch the whole interview below.
In the wake of last week’s leaked audio, Gregg released a statement apologizing for his remarks and blasting King for broadcasting what he thought was a private, personal conversation.
Below is Gregg’s full statement:
On June 2, 2010, an unauthorized audio taped conversation between Mr. Gregg Leakes and Mr. Corey King was made privy to the public by Mr. King and Large FM. While Mr. King touted an “exclusive interview,” the taped recording was obtained by fraud and deception. Neither Mr. King nor Large FM were granted consent to interview Mr. Leakes and an interview never occurred.
Throughout the duration of the call with Mr. King, Mr. Leakes was under the impression that he was simply confiding in a friend after an argument with his wife. However, Mr. King has demonstrated through this blatant disregard of Mr. Leakes’ privacy that he does not even comprehend the word “friend.” The audio recording was deceptive and the release of it was nothing short of malicious.
It is not a secret to anyone that Mr. and Mrs. Leakes are facing marital challenges, a situation common to many couples. However, there is no doubt that Mr. King’s intentions were dishonorable, hateful, and inexcusable. His deceptive act was committed without any regard to Mr. or Mrs. Leakes.
Mr. Leakes, acting on the advice of his attorneys, has issued a “Ceast and Desist Order” to Large FM and other media outlets, concerning the broadcasting of the unauthorized, so-called “exclusive Interview.” Although Georgia is a one-party consent state, Mr. King still may have violated several federal and state regulations, including the Wiretap Act, the Privacy Act, the Privacy Protection Act, the Right of Publicity, the Right to Financial Privacy Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Georgia’s Fair Businesses Practice Act, and Georgia’s Surveillance and Publication of Private Facts statues.
Mr. Leakes has apologized privately to his wife and he offers a sincere apology to the others mentioned in the audio. Any further discussion of the matter should be amongst Mr. Leakes and those individuals, privately.
Any further attempts by Mr. King to discuss this matter in a public forum will be met by the full exercise of legal protections afforded to Mr. Leakes, up to and including the filing of a lawsuit.
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here