*Police officials in Memphis have found the body of missing former NBA basketball star Lorenzen Wright in a wooded area in southeast part of the city.
A law enforcement source confirmed to the Memphis Commercial Appeal newspaper the body was that of Wright, who has been missing since July 19, though the Memphis Police Department won’t officially comment. Police are referring to their investigation as a “death investigation.”
Wright, 35, recently flew from Atlanta to Memphis to visit friends and his six children, friends said.
According to sources, a 9-1-1 call was made from Wright’s cell phone on July 19. A fire dispatcher could hear the loud blasts of several gunshots. The cellphone call ended at that point.
The body was found by someone who called police today.
The 6-11 Wright starred at the University of Memphis before being drafted No. 7 overall in 1996 by the L.A. Clippers. He played for the Atlanta Hawks from 1999-2001, spent the next five seasons with Memphis, and returned to the Hawks for two more years in 2006-08. He last played for Cleveland in 2008-09.
Before he went missing, Wright, split his time between Atlanta and Memphis, according to AJC.com.
Read more HERE.
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here