*Police officials in Memphis have found the body of missing former NBA basketball star Lorenzen Wright in a wooded area in southeast part of the city.
A law enforcement source confirmed to the Memphis Commercial Appeal newspaper the body was that of Wright, who has been missing since July 19, though the Memphis Police Department won’t officially comment. Police are referring to their investigation as a “death investigation.”
Wright, 35, recently flew from Atlanta to Memphis to visit friends and his six children, friends said.
According to sources, a 9-1-1 call was made from Wright’s cell phone on July 19. A fire dispatcher could hear the loud blasts of several gunshots. The cellphone call ended at that point.
The body was found by someone who called police today.
The 6-11 Wright starred at the University of Memphis before being drafted No. 7 overall in 1996 by the L.A. Clippers. He played for the Atlanta Hawks from 1999-2001, spent the next five seasons with Memphis, and returned to the Hawks for two more years in 2006-08. He last played for Cleveland in 2008-09.
Before he went missing, Wright, split his time between Atlanta and Memphis, according to AJC.com.
Read more HERE.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- St. Louis Rams Receiver Stedman Baily Shot Twice in the Head
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here