*Police officials in Memphis have found the body of missing former NBA basketball star Lorenzen Wright in a wooded area in southeast part of the city.
A law enforcement source confirmed to the Memphis Commercial Appeal newspaper the body was that of Wright, who has been missing since July 19, though the Memphis Police Department won’t officially comment. Police are referring to their investigation as a “death investigation.”
Wright, 35, recently flew from Atlanta to Memphis to visit friends and his six children, friends said.
According to sources, a 9-1-1 call was made from Wright’s cell phone on July 19. A fire dispatcher could hear the loud blasts of several gunshots. The cellphone call ended at that point.
The body was found by someone who called police today.
The 6-11 Wright starred at the University of Memphis before being drafted No. 7 overall in 1996 by the L.A. Clippers. He played for the Atlanta Hawks from 1999-2001, spent the next five seasons with Memphis, and returned to the Hawks for two more years in 2006-08. He last played for Cleveland in 2008-09.
Before he went missing, Wright, split his time between Atlanta and Memphis, according to AJC.com.
Read more HERE.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here