*Police officials in Memphis have found the body of missing former NBA basketball star Lorenzen Wright in a wooded area in southeast part of the city.
A law enforcement source confirmed to the Memphis Commercial Appeal newspaper the body was that of Wright, who has been missing since July 19, though the Memphis Police Department won’t officially comment. Police are referring to their investigation as a “death investigation.”
Wright, 35, recently flew from Atlanta to Memphis to visit friends and his six children, friends said.
According to sources, a 9-1-1 call was made from Wright’s cell phone on July 19. A fire dispatcher could hear the loud blasts of several gunshots. The cellphone call ended at that point.
The body was found by someone who called police today.
The 6-11 Wright starred at the University of Memphis before being drafted No. 7 overall in 1996 by the L.A. Clippers. He played for the Atlanta Hawks from 1999-2001, spent the next five seasons with Memphis, and returned to the Hawks for two more years in 2006-08. He last played for Cleveland in 2008-09.
Before he went missing, Wright, split his time between Atlanta and Memphis, according to AJC.com.
Read more HERE.
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here