*Gospel artist Darwin Hobbs has been hospitalized in Atlanta due to large blood clots in his lungs. He recently underwent a lap band surgery, which according to reports went well.
Hobbs has lost quite a bit of weight, but is still working to reach his weight loss goal, according to publicist Gwendolyn Quinn.
His wife, Traci Hobbs, says the doctors are keeping him in the hospital due to the recent surgery, but the family is looking forward to his release soon.
“Darwin is stable and they have started him on the blood thinners for the blood clots,” said Traci. “Please continue to keep Darwin lifted up in prayer. We’re believing God that the blood thinners will work and dissolve the blood clots.”
Hobbs has been busy promoting his new project, “Champion,” which was released in June. He was on his way to a radio event in Indianapolis when he was diverted to the hospital by his doctor because Hobbs was having trouble breathing.
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here