*Gospel artist Darwin Hobbs has been hospitalized in Atlanta due to large blood clots in his lungs. He recently underwent a lap band surgery, which according to reports went well.
Hobbs has lost quite a bit of weight, but is still working to reach his weight loss goal, according to publicist Gwendolyn Quinn.
His wife, Traci Hobbs, says the doctors are keeping him in the hospital due to the recent surgery, but the family is looking forward to his release soon.
“Darwin is stable and they have started him on the blood thinners for the blood clots,” said Traci. “Please continue to keep Darwin lifted up in prayer. We’re believing God that the blood thinners will work and dissolve the blood clots.”
Hobbs has been busy promoting his new project, “Champion,” which was released in June. He was on his way to a radio event in Indianapolis when he was diverted to the hospital by his doctor because Hobbs was having trouble breathing.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here