*Gospel artist Darwin Hobbs has been hospitalized in Atlanta due to large blood clots in his lungs. He recently underwent a lap band surgery, which according to reports went well.
Hobbs has lost quite a bit of weight, but is still working to reach his weight loss goal, according to publicist Gwendolyn Quinn.
His wife, Traci Hobbs, says the doctors are keeping him in the hospital due to the recent surgery, but the family is looking forward to his release soon.
“Darwin is stable and they have started him on the blood thinners for the blood clots,” said Traci. “Please continue to keep Darwin lifted up in prayer. We’re believing God that the blood thinners will work and dissolve the blood clots.”
Hobbs has been busy promoting his new project, “Champion,” which was released in June. He was on his way to a radio event in Indianapolis when he was diverted to the hospital by his doctor because Hobbs was having trouble breathing.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here