*Uh oh Essence! You done did it now. Obviously, black women have been patronizing Essence magazine because it was the black women’s magazine.
Now you’ve gone and got yourself a white woman to sit at the helm of the fashion pages and tell a black woman what’s right for her image? Her fierceness? Her swag?
The move to hire a white woman in the top spot by Essence editor Angela Burt-Murray was not celebrated and has ruffled the feathers of some black women who are incensed by a sort of break in tradition. (more…)
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Nia Guzman Responds to Criminal Allegations
- The Socialist's Journal: Kim Davis
- (Min. Paul Scott) Why Black Minds Matter: Readin’, Writin’ and Revolution
- CurlKit Launches 'Curlstar Favorits Box' - Offering Consumers Instant Access to Brands Coveted by Superstars
- Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable Awards Mumia Abu Jamal Health Fund
- THE (09-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- (The Black Hat) Nicki Minaj: The White Girl Hunter
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here