*Notorious former Chicago Police Lieutenant Jon Burge now faces up to 45 years in prison after being found guilty of lying to a grand jury and obstruction of justice in a case growing out of his practice of torturing confessions out of Black criminal suspects.
Prior to the convictions, Burge’s victims had won millions of dollars in lawsuits and wrongful convictions from the city of Chicago.
The 62-year-old’s perjury resulted from a 2003 civil lawsuit filed by former Death Row inmate Madison Hobley who sat in prison for years after Burge and other detectives tortured him into confessing to a murder he did not commit.
Another victim Mark Clemens stood outside the federal courthouse and said of Burge, “These people stole my f—— life.” The 45-year-old Clements said in 1981 he was forced to confess to a quadruple murder by detectives, under Burge’s command, who squeezed his genitals. (Taylor Media Services)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here