*Notorious former Chicago Police Lieutenant Jon Burge now faces up to 45 years in prison after being found guilty of lying to a grand jury and obstruction of justice in a case growing out of his practice of torturing confessions out of Black criminal suspects.
Prior to the convictions, Burge’s victims had won millions of dollars in lawsuits and wrongful convictions from the city of Chicago.
The 62-year-old’s perjury resulted from a 2003 civil lawsuit filed by former Death Row inmate Madison Hobley who sat in prison for years after Burge and other detectives tortured him into confessing to a murder he did not commit.
Another victim Mark Clemens stood outside the federal courthouse and said of Burge, “These people stole my f—— life.” The 45-year-old Clements said in 1981 he was forced to confess to a quadruple murder by detectives, under Burge’s command, who squeezed his genitals. (Taylor Media Services)
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here