*Notorious former Chicago Police Lieutenant Jon Burge now faces up to 45 years in prison after being found guilty of lying to a grand jury and obstruction of justice in a case growing out of his practice of torturing confessions out of Black criminal suspects.
Prior to the convictions, Burge’s victims had won millions of dollars in lawsuits and wrongful convictions from the city of Chicago.
The 62-year-old’s perjury resulted from a 2003 civil lawsuit filed by former Death Row inmate Madison Hobley who sat in prison for years after Burge and other detectives tortured him into confessing to a murder he did not commit.
Another victim Mark Clemens stood outside the federal courthouse and said of Burge, “These people stole my f—— life.” The 45-year-old Clements said in 1981 he was forced to confess to a quadruple murder by detectives, under Burge’s command, who squeezed his genitals. (Taylor Media Services)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here