*Notorious former Chicago Police Lieutenant Jon Burge now faces up to 45 years in prison after being found guilty of lying to a grand jury and obstruction of justice in a case growing out of his practice of torturing confessions out of Black criminal suspects.
Prior to the convictions, Burge’s victims had won millions of dollars in lawsuits and wrongful convictions from the city of Chicago.
The 62-year-old’s perjury resulted from a 2003 civil lawsuit filed by former Death Row inmate Madison Hobley who sat in prison for years after Burge and other detectives tortured him into confessing to a murder he did not commit.
Another victim Mark Clemens stood outside the federal courthouse and said of Burge, “These people stole my f—— life.” The 45-year-old Clements said in 1981 he was forced to confess to a quadruple murder by detectives, under Burge’s command, who squeezed his genitals. (Taylor Media Services)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here