*Prince’s free album giveaway via newspapers in Europe has led to an international bidding frenzy that has the product selling for more than $20 a pop on the Internet – exactly what the purple one was trying to avoid.
The singer struck deals with several newspapers throughout Europe to give away his new “20Ten” CD as an insert. He insisted it was the right move to circumvent internet piracy and would cause him “no stress.”
But hundreds of copies have gone on sale at various Web sites, attracting bids of more than $20.
One star who won’t be bidding on the record is Elton John – the Daily Mirror, which offered the CD last week, ordered five copies of the paper to be sent to his home by courier on Saturday to ensure he got hold of the album.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here