*Prince’s free album giveaway via newspapers in Europe has led to an international bidding frenzy that has the product selling for more than $20 a pop on the Internet – exactly what the purple one was trying to avoid.
The singer struck deals with several newspapers throughout Europe to give away his new “20Ten” CD as an insert. He insisted it was the right move to circumvent internet piracy and would cause him “no stress.”
But hundreds of copies have gone on sale at various Web sites, attracting bids of more than $20.
One star who won’t be bidding on the record is Elton John – the Daily Mirror, which offered the CD last week, ordered five copies of the paper to be sent to his home by courier on Saturday to ensure he got hold of the album.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here