*Prince’s free album giveaway via newspapers in Europe has led to an international bidding frenzy that has the product selling for more than $20 a pop on the Internet – exactly what the purple one was trying to avoid.
The singer struck deals with several newspapers throughout Europe to give away his new “20Ten” CD as an insert. He insisted it was the right move to circumvent internet piracy and would cause him “no stress.”
But hundreds of copies have gone on sale at various Web sites, attracting bids of more than $20.
One star who won’t be bidding on the record is Elton John – the Daily Mirror, which offered the CD last week, ordered five copies of the paper to be sent to his home by courier on Saturday to ensure he got hold of the album.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here