*Kwame Kilpatrick, the imprisoned former mayor of Detroit, was charged with sexual misconduct after he was caught copping a feel during a July 4 visit from his wife, according to a report released by the Michigan Bureau of Prisons.
“A correctional officer observed him touch the wife on her breast,” said Russ Marlan, a spokesman for the bureau. “All prisoners know it’s against the rules,” Marlan said of such contact.
According to CNN, the report states that a correctional officer observed via a prison video feed Kilpatrick touch his wife, Carlita Kilpatrick, on her breast with his right hand in the prison visiting room at Oaks Correctional Facility in Manistee.
If found guilty of the misconduct Kilpatrick could lose certain privileges, including a loss of visitations from his wife.
The incident will also will be discussed during a parole hearing for Kilpatrick in a year.
Prisoners are allowed one kiss with visitors and are allowed to hold hands in photographs. Anything else is considered to be misconduct, the prison spokesman said.
Kilpatrick is currently serving a maximum five-year sentence in Michigan for violating probation in a 2008 case against him. That case involved two felony counts of obstruction of justice stemming from Kilpatrick’s efforts to cover up an extramarital affair. He also pleaded no contest to charges of assaulting a police officer attempting to serve a subpoena on one of his friends in that case.
On Tuesday, the former mayor was arraigned in federal court on 19 counts of felony fraud and tax charges. He is accused of using the Kilpatrick Civic Fund — a tax-exempt fund meant to pay for voter education — to make cash payments to himself, his family and friends.
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here