*Love is in the air this Summer. This past weekend, not only did La La Vasquez and Carmelo Anthony tie the knot, so did funny man and big screen personality, Martin Lawrence. He wed his longtime girlfriend Shamicka Gibbs in the backyard of his Beverly Hills home.
The small 120 guest event was attended by fellow actors including Denzel Washington and Eddie Murphy.
The couple’s children Amara, 9, and Iyana, 7 and Lawrence’s daughter from a previous marriage, Jasmine, 14 were flower girls.
Event designer Diann Valentine prepared for the evening by setting two tables up in the shape of an “X” so all guests could dine together. Dinner included a salad, crab cakes, and salmon catered by Tres LA.
The best part of any wedding is the cake, which was a four-tiered design by Rosebud Cakes.
Congrats to the couple!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- Beyonce's Lemonade Drama, Prince Updates, Boycotting Target and More! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here