*MTV sent us a statement making it clear that they did not ban Ciara’s new video for “Ride” during daytime hours, as we reported the singer stated in an interview.
“Not only have we not banned it but it is currently in rotation on-air and online with no restrictions,” said a spokesman for MTV.
Apparently, the ban is in effect on MTV’s UK network. In this Q&A with UK-based Metro Web site, the interviewer asks: “The video for ‘Ride’ has proved too saucy for daytime MTV. Does that bother you?”
Ciara responds, “It’s unfortunate because I’m very proud of the video. I have to accept their decision to only show it after 9 p.m. I had a feeling maybe they’d want to edit some bits here and there but it definitely came as a surprise when a different channel in the US banned it outright.”
Perhaps BET was the “different channel in the US?”
BET says no. The network claimed that contrary to reports, it also did not ban the video and instead offered to edit the footage, but never received a response from the star’s representatives.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Quvenzhane Wallis' Book Deal, J-Hud Says Son 'Saved My Life'
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here