*MTV sent us a statement making it clear that they did not ban Ciara’s new video for “Ride” during daytime hours, as we reported the singer stated in an interview.
“Not only have we not banned it but it is currently in rotation on-air and online with no restrictions,” said a spokesman for MTV.
Apparently, the ban is in effect on MTV’s UK network. In this Q&A with UK-based Metro Web site, the interviewer asks: “The video for ‘Ride’ has proved too saucy for daytime MTV. Does that bother you?”
Ciara responds, “It’s unfortunate because I’m very proud of the video. I have to accept their decision to only show it after 9 p.m. I had a feeling maybe they’d want to edit some bits here and there but it definitely came as a surprise when a different channel in the US banned it outright.”
Perhaps BET was the “different channel in the US?”
BET says no. The network claimed that contrary to reports, it also did not ban the video and instead offered to edit the footage, but never received a response from the star’s representatives.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Memphis Principal's Response to Criticism of School's Handling of Student Shooting Goes Viral
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here