*MTV sent us a statement making it clear that they did not ban Ciara’s new video for “Ride” during daytime hours, as we reported the singer stated in an interview.
“Not only have we not banned it but it is currently in rotation on-air and online with no restrictions,” said a spokesman for MTV.
Apparently, the ban is in effect on MTV’s UK network. In this Q&A with UK-based Metro Web site, the interviewer asks: “The video for ‘Ride’ has proved too saucy for daytime MTV. Does that bother you?”
Ciara responds, “It’s unfortunate because I’m very proud of the video. I have to accept their decision to only show it after 9 p.m. I had a feeling maybe they’d want to edit some bits here and there but it definitely came as a surprise when a different channel in the US banned it outright.”
Perhaps BET was the “different channel in the US?”
BET says no. The network claimed that contrary to reports, it also did not ban the video and instead offered to edit the footage, but never received a response from the star’s representatives.
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here