*Mashonda, the mother of Swizz Beatz’s three-year-old son and ex wife, demanded to meet the new love of his life to put aside their differences for the sake of the boy. According to aceshowbiz.com, the pair met over dinner.
“It wasn’t awkward; I wouldn’t have done it if I wasn’t ready. I said what I had to ay as a mum. It was a whole sit down dinner,” she said.
Back in 2008, Beatz and Mashonda split and filed for divorce the following year.
Despite the divorce not being finalized, Beatz went on to date his new baby’s mama. As a result, a jaded Mashonda accused the singer of wrecking their marriage. She took the time to publish a letter to Alicia Keys via Twitter to sort out their issues.
So, the two came face to face in March, two months before Keys announced her pregnancy and engagement.
She vented to Vibe.com about people not understanding why she needed to meet Keys.
“When I wrote her that Twitter letter everybody wanted to say things like, ‘Oh, what do you need to meet her for? It’s not her problem, it’s Swizz’s.’ I’m like, ‘You have a kid, go through what I went through and then talk to me.’ I’m not having my son around anybody I don’t know.”
“I don’t give a f**k who you are and how much money you have and what management he’s going to be under when he visits you. I need to see you and I need you to see how serious I am about him. We had to sit down, and I told her (Keys) how I felt. I didn’t mention anything else, it was all about my son and it was fine after that. I’m not going sit and talk to (Keys and Beatz) about what happened between the three of us. This is about my son.”
“She (Keys) just listened … It wasn’t awkward; I wouldn’t have done it if I wasn’t ready. I said what I had to say as a mum. It was a whole sit down dinner. So you know how intimate that is. There are certain things we have to do as women in order to move forward.”
Mashonda also expressed her well wishes to Keys and her pregnancy. She said regardless of he past, she that child would be her son’s brother or sister.
- Director Admits Cutting Roger Goodell Scene in Will Smith’s ‘Concussion’ Film
- Director Ripped for Taylor Swift’s 'Very White Africa' in New Video (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton, Chaka Khan, Kim Zolciak Set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Fox News Anchor Harris Faulkner Sues Hasbro over Toy Hamster
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here