*Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick released a statement Thursday saying he had “nothing to do” with a shooting outside a restaurant after a birthday party in his honor there last week.

In light of surveillance tape that shows Vick left the Virginia Beach club only three minutes before the shooting, and not 10 minutes earlier as he had previously stated, the athlete says he stands by his original timeline and is continuing to cooperate with authorities.

“On June 25, 2010, I attended a birthday party held in my honor at The Guadalajara’s Restaurant in Virginia Beach, Virginia,” Vick stated. “After I left the event, I learned that a man was shot outside the restaurant. I want to assure everyone that I had nothing to do with that incident. I left the restaurant prior to it occurring and did not witness what happened.”

The victim was not identified by police but it has been reported that he was Quanis Phillips, one of the co-defendants in the dogfighting case that sent Vick to prison. A hospital spokesman confirmed that Phillips was treated and released last Friday.

Vick remains on probation and part of his terms of release is he not allowed to associate with anyone convicted of a felony.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell made a point of saying when he reinstated Vick in the wake of his suspension from the league that Vick had to abide by his probation restrictions to stay in the league.

As previously reported, police in Virginia Beach – who earlier said he wasn’t a “person of interest” in their investigation – said they hadn’t ruled out Vick – as a suspect after reviewing the surveillance tape.

Guadalajara spokesman, Allan Fabijan, claimed that video footage showed Vick at the nightclub closer to the time of the shooting than the player’s attorney had indicated. But Vick said in his statement that his original version of events was accurate.

“Following the incident, I reported it to the Philadelphia Eagles and to representatives of Commissioner Roger Goodell of the NFL. “In addition, I cooperated with and answered any and all questions from law enforcement officials investigating this matter. My statements, from the beginning, explained that I was not there at the time of the shooting and had no knowledge of the events surrounding it. I have been completely truthful and fully cooperative from the very beginning and will continue to cooperate with law enforcement and the NFL as this investigation continues.”