*Stephen Colbert returned to his Comedy Central show fired up and ready vent about the treatment of Shirley Sherrod.
The satirical conservative attacked not only the right-wing pundits who called out-of-context snippets of Sherrod’s speech racist, but the Obama Administration for fearing them so much as to fire Sherrod without cause.
Underscoring CNN.com’s reference to Sherrod’s termination as “a teachable moment,” Colbert argued that the only thing taught was that “the administration is finally so scared of right-wing pundits, that it will take swift and decisive action on problems that have no basis in fact.”
Colbert then urged the administration to fire more people based on controversial soundbites he himself had uncovered. Using some not-so-subtle editing, he cut to a clip of Hillary Clinton calling for the murder of innocent people via the internet. “How long can Hilary Clinton keep her job after seeming to say this?”
|The Colbert Report||Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|Racial Pro Firing|
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here