*Stephen Colbert returned to his Comedy Central show fired up and ready vent about the treatment of Shirley Sherrod.
The satirical conservative attacked not only the right-wing pundits who called out-of-context snippets of Sherrod’s speech racist, but the Obama Administration for fearing them so much as to fire Sherrod without cause.
Underscoring CNN.com’s reference to Sherrod’s termination as “a teachable moment,” Colbert argued that the only thing taught was that “the administration is finally so scared of right-wing pundits, that it will take swift and decisive action on problems that have no basis in fact.”
Colbert then urged the administration to fire more people based on controversial soundbites he himself had uncovered. Using some not-so-subtle editing, he cut to a clip of Hillary Clinton calling for the murder of innocent people via the internet. “How long can Hilary Clinton keep her job after seeming to say this?”
|The Colbert Report||Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|Racial Pro Firing|
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here