*Stephen Colbert returned to his Comedy Central show fired up and ready vent about the treatment of Shirley Sherrod.
The satirical conservative attacked not only the right-wing pundits who called out-of-context snippets of Sherrod’s speech racist, but the Obama Administration for fearing them so much as to fire Sherrod without cause.
Underscoring CNN.com’s reference to Sherrod’s termination as “a teachable moment,” Colbert argued that the only thing taught was that “the administration is finally so scared of right-wing pundits, that it will take swift and decisive action on problems that have no basis in fact.”
Colbert then urged the administration to fire more people based on controversial soundbites he himself had uncovered. Using some not-so-subtle editing, he cut to a clip of Hillary Clinton calling for the murder of innocent people via the internet. “How long can Hilary Clinton keep her job after seeming to say this?”
|The Colbert Report||Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|Racial Pro Firing|
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here