*If ain’t one thing it’s another for Lil Wayne. The IRS created a special tax unit in 2007 to investigate entertainers and athletes, and Lil Wayne was recently discovered to owe more than $1.13 million in back taxes.
The imprisoned rapper owes from 2004, 2005, and 2007. In June, the “man” filed a lien against his charity, One Family Foundation in Florida.
“A few years ago, they concluded that athlete and entertainer taxes might be escaping their radar. So they reinstated a division to only deal with this area,” a rep from the global touring and accounting company RZO Productions said.
Other artists who have been found out include Suge Knight, DMX, Nas, Snoop Dogg, Swizz Beatz, and Method Man.
The IRS is also investigating rappers who use their charities for capital gain.
This is not the first time Wayne’s been busted for taxes. In 2008, a lien was filed against him for almost $1 million in back taxes.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here