*If ain’t one thing it’s another for Lil Wayne. The IRS created a special tax unit in 2007 to investigate entertainers and athletes, and Lil Wayne was recently discovered to owe more than $1.13 million in back taxes.
The imprisoned rapper owes from 2004, 2005, and 2007. In June, the “man” filed a lien against his charity, One Family Foundation in Florida.
“A few years ago, they concluded that athlete and entertainer taxes might be escaping their radar. So they reinstated a division to only deal with this area,” a rep from the global touring and accounting company RZO Productions said.
Other artists who have been found out include Suge Knight, DMX, Nas, Snoop Dogg, Swizz Beatz, and Method Man.
The IRS is also investigating rappers who use their charities for capital gain.
This is not the first time Wayne’s been busted for taxes. In 2008, a lien was filed against him for almost $1 million in back taxes.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- St. Louis Rams Receiver Stedman Baily Shot Twice in the Head
- Yuck Factor :( Guess Where This Woman Got the Yeast to Make Sourdough Bread?
- Will Smith on 20 Year Marriage to Jada: 'Grueling, Excruciating' (Watch)
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Should Nicole Arbour's ‘Dear Black People’ Video be Banned? (WATCH)
- The Big Reward in Trump's Perennial Race-Baiting
- THE (11-25-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- GS Warriors Make NBA History with 16-0 Season Start (WATCH)
- Marcus D. Spencer (Big Spence) Finds Role in 'Fair Chase'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here