*If ain’t one thing it’s another for Lil Wayne. The IRS created a special tax unit in 2007 to investigate entertainers and athletes, and Lil Wayne was recently discovered to owe more than $1.13 million in back taxes.
The imprisoned rapper owes from 2004, 2005, and 2007. In June, the “man” filed a lien against his charity, One Family Foundation in Florida.
“A few years ago, they concluded that athlete and entertainer taxes might be escaping their radar. So they reinstated a division to only deal with this area,” a rep from the global touring and accounting company RZO Productions said.
Other artists who have been found out include Suge Knight, DMX, Nas, Snoop Dogg, Swizz Beatz, and Method Man.
The IRS is also investigating rappers who use their charities for capital gain.
This is not the first time Wayne’s been busted for taxes. In 2008, a lien was filed against him for almost $1 million in back taxes.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here