*If ain’t one thing it’s another for Lil Wayne. The IRS created a special tax unit in 2007 to investigate entertainers and athletes, and Lil Wayne was recently discovered to owe more than $1.13 million in back taxes.
The imprisoned rapper owes from 2004, 2005, and 2007. In June, the “man” filed a lien against his charity, One Family Foundation in Florida.
“A few years ago, they concluded that athlete and entertainer taxes might be escaping their radar. So they reinstated a division to only deal with this area,” a rep from the global touring and accounting company RZO Productions said.
Other artists who have been found out include Suge Knight, DMX, Nas, Snoop Dogg, Swizz Beatz, and Method Man.
The IRS is also investigating rappers who use their charities for capital gain.
This is not the first time Wayne’s been busted for taxes. In 2008, a lien was filed against him for almost $1 million in back taxes.
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here