“Fantasia is certain that she is not responsible for the deterioration of the Cooks’ marriage,” the singer’s manager, Brian Dickens, said in a statement.
Antwaun Cook’s wife, however, is adamant that the “American Idol” champ is solely to blame.
In her divorce petition filed last Wednesday, Paula Cook singles out Fantasia’s “covert adulterous affair” with her husband as the reason for their breakup, stating that Fantasia once told her over the phone, “He don’t want you. Maybe the next time that you get a husband you’ll know how to keep him. That’s why he is here with me.”
Cook claims that the affair began in August 2009 and that her “Husband and Ms. Barrino have at times recorded their illicit sexual activity.”
According to WCNC-TV in Charlotte, N.C., North Carolina is one of seven states where an alleged “other woman” can be sued. (Illinois, where Gabrielle Union was sued by Dwayne Wade’s wife, appears to be another.)
“Fantasia will weather this Storm with the dignity and grace that she has exemplified throughout a life in which she has repeatedly overcome obstacles and challenges,” continued her manager’s statement regarding the allegations. “Fantasia’s faith in God, herself and family remain as strong as ever.”
Meanwhile, Fantasia’s attorney Gina Morris told TMZ: “Mrs. Cook gratuitously included claims about Fantasia to sensationalize that litigation and to insure that her tale would be picked up by tabloids. The fact that she would seek such publicity in a case involving her children is particularly disgraceful.”
Antwaun and Paula Cook have two children, ages 1 and 4. Paula is seeking full custody, as well as child support and alimony.
- Angela Carr Patterson/The Issues of Fatherless Daughters: The Stakes are Too High
- Andre Royo Talks Reunion with ‘Wire’ Co-Stars for Baltimore's ‘Wired Up’
- Toure Fired By MSNBC; Returns to Twitter after Yearlong Hiatus
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Brandon Boykin Fires Latest Racism Claim at Eagles Coach Chip Kelly
- Steven Ivory: How to Survive a Break Up
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- 50 Cent’s Bankruptcy Statement Includes 7 Cars Valued at Half Mil
- Drake Uses PowerPoint Presentation to Roast Meek Mill in Concert
- Darren Wilson Opens Up A Year After His Killing of Mike Brown
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here