*The group Xscape is nearly a forgotten figment of music’s imagination, but new revelations about the group recently surfaced when former member Kandi Burruss shared interesting information.
Tameka Scott blamed Burruss for the break up after supposedly sleeping with producer Jermaine Dupri. She put all her biz on the airwaves on Hot 97 in New York.
“When she did that it was really kinda foul to me and that’s really the reason why I would never go back to the group because when somebody just straight lies…and then she tried to add some whole other stuff that was totally false,” Kandi tells radio personality Angela Yee. “When I had talked to her after it happened and she called to apologize to me, I said you know what, you call and apologizing to me but you went on radio in NY to say this about me so everything that you put out there, nobody knows you apologizing right now. Apologize publicly if you want me to take this seriously. Don’t say it to me after you done put all this craziness out there about me.”
About her sleeping with Dupri, she said it was a test, to see if he was really all that in bed like he bragged he was.
“But just like anybody, sometimes you can work with people and you be like, hmm I wonder how he is in the bedroom, you know, and you just try it out… we hung out, we was friends, like playing pool, talking trash and then you know you hear somebody say yeah I’m a beast, I’m this, I’m that, you know how you can be around your friends talking about sex or whatever and then you be thinking like, I wonder is it that good, you know? Let’s be realistic, it wasn’t me trying to get anything out of the situation. We already had hit records. We already had hits. It wasn’t like I was trying to do it to get somewhere. It was just out of curiosity.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here