*Kanye West has announced via Twitter that he will release a new song “every weekend until Xmas.”
“I’m calling it good Fridays. Yall know every Friday yall gone have a new joint from our family. We look at the game completely different now,” West tweeted.
And the songs won’t be solely from his forthcoming studio album due on Nov. 16. It could be one of his own tracks or “it may be a new Jay song, etc,” he tweeted.
West is currently working on new tunes for several other artists, including Raekwon, Mos Def, Swizz Beatz, Pharrell and Clipse’s Pusha T.
“Swizz looked at me the other night and said man are you getting sleep and I told him I can’t sleep… My people need this new music,” West tweeted.
West recently finished work on a remix of Justin Bieber’s “Runaway Love” with Raekwon, reports Billboard. West also released the remix of “Power,” featuring Jay-Z and Swizz Beatz, on Friday and premiered “See Me Now,” a new track with Beyonce and Charlie Wilson, earlier this month.
“It’s about the fans. No more holding back,” said West. “That’s why I dropped ‘See Me Now’… It wasn’t about me it was about the Summer the BBQs etc.”
As previously reported, West is set to perform at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards on Sept. 12 after infamously interrupting Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech at last year’s ceremony. He also tweeted a vague update on Monday that he is “working on the Movie…Unicorns and Rza beats yo.”
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Queen Latifah Moved By Her Own ‘Bessie’ Performance: I ‘Made Myself Cry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here