*Fantasia Barrino’s manager released a statement saying the singer’s overdose Monday night was caused by a combination of aspirin and a sleep aid.
According to the statement reported by TMZ, Fantasia ingested the medication after feeling “overwhelmed by the lawsuit and the media attention” surrounding her relationship with married boyfriend Antwaun Cook.
“Last night, Fantasia was hospitalized. She took an overdose of aspirin and a sleep aid. Her injuries are not life threatening,” the statement read. “She was dehydrated and exhausted at the time. Fantasia is stable now. She will be released from the hospital soon.”
Addressing the sex scandal, the rep also explains that Fantasia “believed him when he told her he and Mrs. Cook separated in the late summer of 2009. She believed Mr. Cook when he told her he lived elsewhere.”
Fantasia’s manager also stated: “Fantasia has always been an open book. Honesty, self-respect, and personal responsibility are values she wears proudly.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Yes, Wendy Williams Had Plenty to Say About the Tamar/'The Real' Situation (WATCH)
- Bombshell Report: Bill Cosby Admitted to Sex with Teens!
- Floyd Mayweather Hired Drake, Future For Daughter’s Sweet Sixteen
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here