*Fantasia Barrino’s manager released a statement saying the singer’s overdose Monday night was caused by a combination of aspirin and a sleep aid.
According to the statement reported by TMZ, Fantasia ingested the medication after feeling “overwhelmed by the lawsuit and the media attention” surrounding her relationship with married boyfriend Antwaun Cook.
“Last night, Fantasia was hospitalized. She took an overdose of aspirin and a sleep aid. Her injuries are not life threatening,” the statement read. “She was dehydrated and exhausted at the time. Fantasia is stable now. She will be released from the hospital soon.”
Addressing the sex scandal, the rep also explains that Fantasia “believed him when he told her he and Mrs. Cook separated in the late summer of 2009. She believed Mr. Cook when he told her he lived elsewhere.”
Fantasia’s manager also stated: “Fantasia has always been an open book. Honesty, self-respect, and personal responsibility are values she wears proudly.”
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Women Traveling Solo: Wear a Fake Wedding Ring (and Other Tips!)
- Paula Deen Tweets Photo of Son in Brownface
- ‘The Real’s’ Jeannie Mai, ESPN, PGA Latest to Dump Trump
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Suge Knight's Murder Case
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Stripped of WBO Title Over Nonpayment of Fee
- Whoopi: Bill Cosby is ‘Still Innocent Until Proven Guilty’; Raven-Symone Needs More Proof
- Bill Cosby Accusers Feel Vindicated with Newly Released Confession
- ‘Married To Medicine’s’ Quad & Lisa Nicole Cloud Cat Fightin' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here