*Fantasia Barrino’s manager released a statement saying the singer’s overdose Monday night was caused by a combination of aspirin and a sleep aid.
According to the statement reported by TMZ, Fantasia ingested the medication after feeling “overwhelmed by the lawsuit and the media attention” surrounding her relationship with married boyfriend Antwaun Cook.
“Last night, Fantasia was hospitalized. She took an overdose of aspirin and a sleep aid. Her injuries are not life threatening,” the statement read. “She was dehydrated and exhausted at the time. Fantasia is stable now. She will be released from the hospital soon.”
Addressing the sex scandal, the rep also explains that Fantasia “believed him when he told her he and Mrs. Cook separated in the late summer of 2009. She believed Mr. Cook when he told her he lived elsewhere.”
Fantasia’s manager also stated: “Fantasia has always been an open book. Honesty, self-respect, and personal responsibility are values she wears proudly.”
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here