*A candidate on NBC’s upcoming season of “The Apprentice” will carry a felony assault charge with him into the boardroom after he was accused of strangling his wife.
According to legal documents obtained by TMZ, Genesiac Folkes was arrested on May 5th in Wylie, Texas after his wife Cherice also claimed he showed up to her job, took her car and emptied her bank account. She filed for a restraining order a short time later, TMZ reported.
Folkes is due back in court on Sept. 2.
The soon-to-be reality star is one of 16 contestants on Donald Trump’s revised “Apprentice,” which this year features candidates who have lost their jobs in the recession. The winner will land a job within The Trump Organization with a six-figure salary.
The series will air Thursdays at 10 p.m. beginning with a two-hour premiere on Sept. 16.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- New, Longer Trailer for HBO’s ‘Confirmation’ (Watch)
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Tax Man After Lil Wayne for $868,000
- How #BlackLivesMatter Snuck Mario Woods Protest Into Super Bowl (Watch)
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here