*A candidate on NBC’s upcoming season of “The Apprentice” will carry a felony assault charge with him into the boardroom after he was accused of strangling his wife.
According to legal documents obtained by TMZ, Genesiac Folkes was arrested on May 5th in Wylie, Texas after his wife Cherice also claimed he showed up to her job, took her car and emptied her bank account. She filed for a restraining order a short time later, TMZ reported.
Folkes is due back in court on Sept. 2.
The soon-to-be reality star is one of 16 contestants on Donald Trump’s revised “Apprentice,” which this year features candidates who have lost their jobs in the recession. The winner will land a job within The Trump Organization with a six-figure salary.
The series will air Thursdays at 10 p.m. beginning with a two-hour premiere on Sept. 16.
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here