*President Obama tested his basketball skills against several current and former NBA stars in a Sunday afternoon pickup game at Fort McNair in Washington.
The group included LeBron James, Grant Hill, Dwyane Wade, Joakim Noah, Derrick Rose, Magic Johnson and Bill Russell, according to reports. Kobe Bryant was also there, but didn’t play.
Education Secretary Arne Duncan also suited up for the all-star game, which took place before an audience of “wounded warriors” and participants in the White House mentoring program.
Reporters were shut out of the gym, because Obama “just wanted to play,” according to White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.
After the game some of the players joined Obama and a group of his friends for a barbecue at the White House. The menu: shrimp from the oil-soaked Gulf of Mexico.
A small tent and tables decorated with sunflowers and yellow and white tablecloths were set up on the South Lawn for the event, which was part of the president’s 49th birthday weekend.
Alonzo Mourning, Derek Fisher, Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Maya Moore of the WNBA Connecticut Huskies were also in attendance.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here