*President Obama tested his basketball skills against several current and former NBA stars in a Sunday afternoon pickup game at Fort McNair in Washington.
The group included LeBron James, Grant Hill, Dwyane Wade, Joakim Noah, Derrick Rose, Magic Johnson and Bill Russell, according to reports. Kobe Bryant was also there, but didn’t play.
Education Secretary Arne Duncan also suited up for the all-star game, which took place before an audience of “wounded warriors” and participants in the White House mentoring program.
Reporters were shut out of the gym, because Obama “just wanted to play,” according to White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.
After the game some of the players joined Obama and a group of his friends for a barbecue at the White House. The menu: shrimp from the oil-soaked Gulf of Mexico.
A small tent and tables decorated with sunflowers and yellow and white tablecloths were set up on the South Lawn for the event, which was part of the president’s 49th birthday weekend.
Alonzo Mourning, Derek Fisher, Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Maya Moore of the WNBA Connecticut Huskies were also in attendance.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here