*President Obama tested his basketball skills against several current and former NBA stars in a Sunday afternoon pickup game at Fort McNair in Washington.
The group included LeBron James, Grant Hill, Dwyane Wade, Joakim Noah, Derrick Rose, Magic Johnson and Bill Russell, according to reports. Kobe Bryant was also there, but didn’t play.
Education Secretary Arne Duncan also suited up for the all-star game, which took place before an audience of “wounded warriors” and participants in the White House mentoring program.
Reporters were shut out of the gym, because Obama “just wanted to play,” according to White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.
After the game some of the players joined Obama and a group of his friends for a barbecue at the White House. The menu: shrimp from the oil-soaked Gulf of Mexico.
A small tent and tables decorated with sunflowers and yellow and white tablecloths were set up on the South Lawn for the event, which was part of the president’s 49th birthday weekend.
Alonzo Mourning, Derek Fisher, Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Maya Moore of the WNBA Connecticut Huskies were also in attendance.
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here