*President Obama tested his basketball skills against several current and former NBA stars in a Sunday afternoon pickup game at Fort McNair in Washington.
The group included LeBron James, Grant Hill, Dwyane Wade, Joakim Noah, Derrick Rose, Magic Johnson and Bill Russell, according to reports. Kobe Bryant was also there, but didn’t play.
Education Secretary Arne Duncan also suited up for the all-star game, which took place before an audience of “wounded warriors” and participants in the White House mentoring program.
Reporters were shut out of the gym, because Obama “just wanted to play,” according to White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.
After the game some of the players joined Obama and a group of his friends for a barbecue at the White House. The menu: shrimp from the oil-soaked Gulf of Mexico.
A small tent and tables decorated with sunflowers and yellow and white tablecloths were set up on the South Lawn for the event, which was part of the president’s 49th birthday weekend.
Alonzo Mourning, Derek Fisher, Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Maya Moore of the WNBA Connecticut Huskies were also in attendance.
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here