*President Obama tested his basketball skills against several current and former NBA stars in a Sunday afternoon pickup game at Fort McNair in Washington.
The group included LeBron James, Grant Hill, Dwyane Wade, Joakim Noah, Derrick Rose, Magic Johnson and Bill Russell, according to reports. Kobe Bryant was also there, but didn’t play.
Education Secretary Arne Duncan also suited up for the all-star game, which took place before an audience of “wounded warriors” and participants in the White House mentoring program.
Reporters were shut out of the gym, because Obama “just wanted to play,” according to White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.
After the game some of the players joined Obama and a group of his friends for a barbecue at the White House. The menu: shrimp from the oil-soaked Gulf of Mexico.
A small tent and tables decorated with sunflowers and yellow and white tablecloths were set up on the South Lawn for the event, which was part of the president’s 49th birthday weekend.
Alonzo Mourning, Derek Fisher, Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Maya Moore of the WNBA Connecticut Huskies were also in attendance.
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Allergic to Clothes: Indian Farmer Has Been Naked for 40 Years!
- Pres. Obama to Appear on NBC’s ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’…For Real
- John Legend Taking His Talents to ‘The SpongeBob Musical’
- ‘Back to This B**ch’: Why Nicki Minaj Checked Miley Cyrus on Live TV
- Black Twitter Drags Rebel Wilson Over VMA ‘Stripper Police’ Bit
- Nile Rodgers Gets BMI Icon Award - EUR was on the Scene (WATCH)
- New Comic 'Raising Dion': Single, Black Mother with Superhuman Son
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here