*It’s official – Chad Ochocinco will be a part of VH1’s “Basketball Wives” next season as the love interest of cast member Evelyn Lozada – even though the Cincinnati Bengals receiver is not a basketball player and Lozada is not a wife.
Chad, according to TMZ, has signed a deal to shoot several scenes between September and October, with shoots scheduled around his NFL obligations.
Some of his scenes will take place in Miami, where the show is based, whenever his schedule permits, according to TMZ. However, “VH1 wants Ochocinco material so badly that they’re willing to shoot scenes out in Cincinnati too,” the Web site reports.
Meanwhile, No. 85 received a $25,000 fine this week for tweeting during his last NFL pre-season game.
The league tagged him for two violations during an Aug. 20 matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles — possessing an electronic device and posting messages on Twitter. NFL players are not allowed to post messages on social media websites starting 90 minutes before kickoff and until postgame media obligations are fulfilled.
Ochocinco tweeted once at 6:50 p.m. ET and another at 9:53 p.m. ET. The game kicked off at 8:07 p.m. ET.
His tweet at 9:53 p.m. was regarding a hit he absorbed in the game.
“Man Im sick of getting hit like that , its the damn preseason [expletive]! 1day I’m gone jump up and start throwing hay makers , #Tylenolplease,” he wrote.
Ochocinco commented on the fine and apologized to the NFL on Tuesday — through Twitter, of course.
“I’ve been fined by the league a substantial amount of money for tweeting, 1st time twitter hasn’t made me money but cost me money,” he wrote.
His apology tweet stated: “Dear NFL I apologize for tweeting during the game but that was 2 months of my Bugatti payments you just took from me, I won’t do it again.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- L.A. Reid Confesses to Wendy He Failed Whitney Houston (WATCH)
- NFL Great Jerry Rice is Driving for Lyft in San Francisco (WATCH)
- Stacey Dash Responds to Anthony Anderson Slamming Her at Image Awards
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here