*Michael Jackson’s father is appealing a court decision which says that he has no right to object to the executors of his son’s will.
Joe Jackson’s lawyer Brian Oxman filed papers at the 2nd District Court of Appeals in California last Friday (Aug. 13) to object to the decision made by the Probate Court in November 2009.
Joe – who had objected to executors John Branca and John McClain, accusing them of fraud and embezzlement, which the pair strongly deny – was told at a previous hearing he could not make any complaints because he was intentionally left out of his late son’s will.
However, in the documents for the appeal Joe claims he was “not treated with dignity and worth” when the case was dismissed last November.
According to TMZ, the appeal alleges that Joe was denied “due process in not according him a hearing where he could present evidence of his standing.” Lawyers for Jackson – who had a tumultuous relationship with his late son – insist he was financially dependant on the superstar and should therefore have a right to object to the appointment of the men who are making financial decisions for the estate.
However, Margaret Lodise, the lawyer for Michael Jackson’s children – Prince Michael, 13, Paris, 12, and eight-year-old Prince Michael II (Blanket) – claims Joe only cares about his stake in the estate, describing him as “the ultimate dog in the manger.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here