*Michael Jackson’s father is appealing a court decision which says that he has no right to object to the executors of his son’s will.
Joe Jackson’s lawyer Brian Oxman filed papers at the 2nd District Court of Appeals in California last Friday (Aug. 13) to object to the decision made by the Probate Court in November 2009.
Joe – who had objected to executors John Branca and John McClain, accusing them of fraud and embezzlement, which the pair strongly deny – was told at a previous hearing he could not make any complaints because he was intentionally left out of his late son’s will.
However, in the documents for the appeal Joe claims he was “not treated with dignity and worth” when the case was dismissed last November.
According to TMZ, the appeal alleges that Joe was denied “due process in not according him a hearing where he could present evidence of his standing.” Lawyers for Jackson – who had a tumultuous relationship with his late son – insist he was financially dependant on the superstar and should therefore have a right to object to the appointment of the men who are making financial decisions for the estate.
However, Margaret Lodise, the lawyer for Michael Jackson’s children – Prince Michael, 13, Paris, 12, and eight-year-old Prince Michael II (Blanket) – claims Joe only cares about his stake in the estate, describing him as “the ultimate dog in the manger.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here